Don't want to be Bias but...

PDA

telewinz
March 2, 2003, 01:37 PM
Since last December I have gone to the different web sites recomended to replace TFL. They were all nice sites but seemed to have very few posts, members, and activity compared to TFL and the present THR. Have I missed something?

If you enjoyed reading about "Don't want to be Bias but..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
boing
March 2, 2003, 03:00 PM
Yes. You need to register, post, and generate some activity. That's what draws new members to register, post, and generate activity.

:)

SquirrelNuts
March 2, 2003, 03:02 PM
It is a vicious, never-ending circle.

-SquirrelNuts

Blackhawk
March 2, 2003, 03:55 PM
I visited some and registered on a few. THR is the only one that's "felt" right. It's home now.... :D

Jim March
March 2, 2003, 05:51 PM
A lot of it comes down to Oleg. His "credibility factor" is extremely high for a number of good and solid reasons: personality, wit, the fact that he actually does stuff that helps the cause, while not engaging in cross-org squabbles, etc.

I followed him here. The moment I heard he was building a replacement, I knew this would be the successor and I was right.

Selfdfenz
March 2, 2003, 07:06 PM
I find THR very TFL-like. The usual supsects make it so.
Two exceptions:
-I've promised to take "The High Road" and not use bad words and I'm working on that 12 step program
-I liked the old TFL blue color better.

I really liked that blue color.........

S-

10-Ring
March 2, 2003, 07:19 PM
There are a few I frequent, but over all, THR stands head & shoulders over the rest!

echo3mike
March 2, 2003, 08:50 PM
I think that the TFL / THR group is a pretty mixed bag and I've stuck around because it's a group where I can both offer advice / suggestions, (as in shoot my mouth off), and it's a group where I can pick up a few good ideas.

Not too many places on the web with that kind of diversity...

sorry, it's the only word that fit.
S.

QuickDraw
March 2, 2003, 09:52 PM
I usually check in here first,then go to Calguns.net.
This is like home.

QuickDraw

Edited to add: Hey,100 posts!

If you enjoyed reading about "Don't want to be Bias but..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!