AA#5 and 230 gr LRN

PDA

candt
December 26, 2004, 11:00 AM
Hello. Does anybody have a load recommendation for this combination that shoots good out of a Sig P220? Ive recently purchased some Meister 230 gr LRN bullets, and I like them a lot so far. Just looking for a light, accurate load for the range. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "AA#5 and 230 gr LRN" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stans
December 26, 2004, 12:21 PM
AA#5 is not always the best choice for light loads, it works better when it is loaded closer to its maximum listed loads. I have found that AA#5 tends to not burn completely when downloaded a lot.

candt
December 26, 2004, 12:29 PM
I have used it in starting charges for FMJ loads, and it was dirty, but I didnt have any unburnt powder on my arms. Anything below the starting charge, and I had unburnt powder on my arms. I also have some Clays, which I like a lot. It burns clean, and its cheap. But it doesnt meter as well through my uniflow.

HRT
December 26, 2004, 07:01 PM
I use AA #5 when I am pushing high end 200 gr LSWC for pin shooting. In that application it is fantastic, clean little smoke and little unburned powder. When I throttle it back to starting loads smoke and unburned powder galore. When I am on the light end of the spectrum I use AA#2 which while not the cleanest works pretty well. I like the AA pistol powders because they meter like a jewel through my 550B

candt
December 27, 2004, 11:37 AM
That is also why I like AA powders. I load .223 with AA2230, and 9mm, and .45 acp with AA#5. Its not the only powder I use for .45 though. It meters dead on every time through my Uniflow. Makes reloading very pleasant.

Does anybody have any mid-range, or high-end loads for this combination?

If you enjoyed reading about "AA#5 and 230 gr LRN" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!