Paint for sights

PDA

rljan
December 27, 2004, 09:35 AM
I took my new Springer lightweight loaded out for the first time & must say I don't like the Novak night sights. The rear sights stand out so much that they are distracting my old eyes. I was thinking of blacking out the ring around the tritium tube with some sort of black paint. Any suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "Paint for sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tinkerer
December 30, 2004, 03:00 PM
Try appliance touch-up paint. It's epoxy based and very durable once cured. I know it comes in white, but you may be able to find it in black.

rljan
December 30, 2004, 05:05 PM
Thanks for your reply. I'll try to find some.

cstuard
January 7, 2005, 10:34 AM
Maybe you should try this experiment w/ a a black marker.That way you have a chance to un-do it just in case.Then use the touchup paint.

rljan
January 7, 2005, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the tip. I should have said that before asking about paint, I used a sharpie to darken the ring. It helped, so I'm looking for a more permanent solution.

If you enjoyed reading about "Paint for sights" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!