How many people count in guns?

PDA

firestar
March 3, 2003, 01:54 PM
What I mean is, when you have to shell out money for something not gun related, do you think to yourself, man that would buy X number of guns?

I do.:D

I recently had to get my car fixed, it costs me $500.00 or as I put it, I could have bought a Browning Hi Power for that! :what:

If you enjoyed reading about "How many people count in guns?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
P95Carry
March 3, 2003, 01:58 PM
Right on!!! Just shelled out $300 for coupla new tires on rear of truck .... and have vehicle insurance due up very soon too ..... makin me think of the Glock 17 I have been thinkin of .. or even a 1911 ...... hmmm!:mad:

Then of course, you have the ''ammo quotient'' .... ''how many rounds would that have bought me''??;)

Jesse H
March 3, 2003, 02:16 PM
A recent trip would've been a CZ75 single action.

4 new tires for my cars would've been an AR15 with goodies.

Tuition would've been.... :)

Soap
March 3, 2003, 02:18 PM
I only do that when the money actually comes out of the gun fund.

Weimadog
March 3, 2003, 02:19 PM
I count in guns, ammunition also. It depends on what I need at the time.

Huge purchases are calculated in P7M8s,

Under $1,000 in glocks

Around $200 and under in accessories.

Right now, there is a bill on our desk which is worth two Milt Sparks holsters :(

By the way, if you make truly huge ammo purchases, you only have to rationalize it to your better half every other year. :)

Weimadog

Justin
March 3, 2003, 02:23 PM
More often than not I count in ammo. (My expenses usually aren't high enough to count in guns.)
I recently had to get some car repairs that totalled $110 dollars. That's nearly a case of 9mm!

El Tejon
March 3, 2003, 02:24 PM
Every single time I write the check out to IRS, IDoR, Federal Unemployment, Indiana Workforce Development, etc., et al.:(

Tamara
March 3, 2003, 02:29 PM
I keep stalling on getting the new back window put in the Zed Three because, gosh-darnit, that's like two cases of ammo! Or a couple of milsurps! Or half a used Glock!

ball3006
March 3, 2003, 02:31 PM
on my gun purchases too. I fixed my wife's truck this weekend saving me at least 200 bucks. I take 1/2 of that for my gun fund....chris3

genie
March 3, 2003, 02:35 PM
I have 36,000+ miles on my car and soon it'll be time to get new tires. Instead of getting just some decent all-season radials, I've been thinking of getting some snazzy wheels with great handling tires. Then I can put snow tires on the original wheels for winter. Great setup for year round driving.

but but but, with the cash that will take, I could get me several nice guns!

10-Ring
March 3, 2003, 02:40 PM
Naw, I have learned to thing of things in gun terms tho...ie., having car fixed is good because I need my car to go to range to shoot or go to shop to buy guns. Or I need to eat so I have strength to shoot & buy guns...:evil:

WhoKnowsWho
March 3, 2003, 04:58 PM
I think in terms of how many extra hours or regular hours I need to work to earn something. Or when I buy something, tell myself it takes X number of hours to earn it.

So by working my extra day tomorrow, I can buy a case of ammo, or pay for 1/4th of the average gun, or buy a couple of video games, etc.

JohnBT
March 3, 2003, 05:10 PM
Oh yeah. Since Saturday I've been walking around mumbling "What could I have gotten with the $1935 and change I dropped on that new safe." Mumble, mumble, mumble. In English, that's 3 Hi-Powers and change. Or, what, 5 CZ-75Bs?

I could have had a Cooper. Waaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Is okay. It's payday.

John

redneck
March 3, 2003, 07:15 PM
I usually count in how many bales of hay or straw did I have to put up for that?... or how many hours did I spend breaking that hammer head nag of a gray mare to saddle for that guy thats going to get bucked off anyhow....?

You can be pretty cheap when you look at things the right way :D Funny thing is I like all the work I do too, it just makes you appreciate your money.

Hkmp5sd
March 3, 2003, 07:57 PM
I do. For every single purchase.

Stevie-Ray
March 3, 2003, 08:32 PM
I count in guns when the wife is QVC crazy. I'm still behind.:D Probably why she hasn't said anything about my last 3 purchases.

Kahr carrier
March 3, 2003, 09:03 PM
I do everytime I pay income taxes.:(

Ikari
March 4, 2003, 09:56 PM
I do!
Expensive things get counted in guns, while less expensive things get counted in ammo.

agony
March 5, 2003, 12:00 AM
I do it every month when the engagement ring bill comes in the mail.

And on Valentine's day.

Mikul
March 5, 2003, 12:41 PM
I think of that every time someone tells me about their cable bill. Well, $55/month will buy me an H&K pistol every year ($660).

My friend's $35/month cell phone bill bill buy me a CZ-75 every year ($420).

Cheapish beer brings me the least savings at $264 per year by not drinking two cases per month.

That's $1,344 per year, but it seems to me that if you're trying to save money to buy things, kill your TV, shut up and drive and by all means, drink some beer.

ENC
March 5, 2003, 12:47 PM
I have a fairly big wad of cash right now. I keep debating between a fifty cal and a pickup truck. I want both. I don't really need either.

Can you all help me out?

BerettaNut92
March 5, 2003, 01:15 PM
No, but I count in ammo....

Dave Markowitz
March 5, 2003, 08:47 PM
Yup, in guns AND ammo.

coonan357
March 5, 2003, 09:06 PM
well right now I am looking at how many guns I am going to have to sell to keep me afloat .I hope I can find work soon , I do not want to sell . :(

priv8ter
March 5, 2003, 09:26 PM
I just found out that my wife needs two cavities filled, and a crown worked on by the dentist, and that is going to cost me more than enough to get the Para Carry I've been thinking about...heck, almost enough to get a Python. If they decide she needs a root canal, than there is my Springfield M1A!!!!!!!!

Sisco
March 5, 2003, 10:03 PM
Always.

echo3mike
March 5, 2003, 10:24 PM
Especially last year, right before our wedding.

$320 for the cake...16lbs of powder, 500 bullets and 1000 primers..

$540 for the flowers...upper for the AR I don't have,

~$600 for the dress...M1 Garand

~$5550 for the hall rental...I wouldn't know what , but I could get ALOT of it...

Mrs. echo3mike loved every minute of it, so I guess it was worth it. Probably not one of those things I'm supposed to understand.

S.

Hardtarget
March 6, 2003, 12:23 AM
I do...but more in reasons of why I don't do certain things. Like smoking...pack a dayX ?$= (Xgun). Or, I don't drink...same reason...you see my thinking. Lots of things are absolutely a must, but some things I can pass on. Your list may be different.
It does bug me when expenses get into the gunny gear!

556A2
March 6, 2003, 01:24 AM
Yep, after Christmas I had to spend 160 dollars for a couple new tires, inspection, oil, etc. I drove home thinking: A pair of Hakans, and a case of CCI Blazers down the drain.

If you enjoyed reading about "How many people count in guns?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!