Bersa 383 Pass or not?

PDA

Tacoma
December 27, 2004, 09:15 PM
I already have a pretty decient assortment of CC worthy revolvers and semi aoutos but ran into a Bersa 383 today that caught my eye. I liked the "feel" of the little .380 and the price was right at $150 OTD. Wondering what I could expect from this piece in accuracy and reliability. Anybody with any experience with this model? Any input appreciated.

p.s. No intention to carry it as a serious CC gun. Just thinking about it as a 'woods walking toy"

If you enjoyed reading about "Bersa 383 Pass or not?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
greyeyezz
December 27, 2004, 11:53 PM
I think it was their first .380 model, very accurate, extremely reliable, steel frame strength. Not many 383-A's around. Glad i bought mine and wouldn't sell it.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/greyeyezz/383JPG.jpg

Stephen A. Camp
December 28, 2004, 12:10 AM
Hello. In my opinion if it's new or like-new, it is worth the price you mention. I no longer own one, but have in the past and without fail, the guns shot POI right at POA at 15 yards and were reliable. Accuracy was satifactory with a wide variety of ammunition.

Best.

Coyote84
December 31, 2004, 12:45 AM
Bought my Bersa 383-A back in 1990. I have no idea how many thousands of rounds have gone through it. It has never failed to operate, never failed to cycle, and just plain never disappointed me in any way. The one thing to go wrong with it was the little gold inlayed BERSA label on the safty side grip fell out some where in Utahs western desert(after 14 years of use). BERSA's importer in New Jersay I think, sent me out one free of charge in about three days from my request.

albanian
January 1, 2005, 12:44 AM
They are fantastic guns that are even better than the newer ones. The newer ones are considered very good but most people don't know much about these earlier models. They are all steel and made better than modern ones. They don't tend to have the burrs and slight flaws that you may find on a new Bersa. New Bersas are still great pistols but the older ones like the 383 are classics. $150 is a great price esp. if it is a nickel model.

I think there is going to be a modest collector market for early Bersa as their fame and rep grows. They are a cult favorite like the Mak but have no military history so they won't ever be super high dollar guns.

If you enjoyed reading about "Bersa 383 Pass or not?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!