Possible to make safety on CZ Rami ambi??

PDA

BigBlueEyedDevil
December 28, 2004, 11:53 PM
It looks to me that the safety can be swapped to make it usable for a lefty like me. What do you guys think? Do I need a new safety or will the stock one work? How do I go about swapping it out? Thanks, Tyler

If you enjoyed reading about "Possible to make safety on CZ Rami ambi??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armoredman
December 29, 2004, 09:32 AM
Best possible thing to do is ask Mike Eagleshield, gunsmith at CZ-USA, and currently the only CZ trained gunsmith in the US - one more on the way. His e-mail is gunsmith@cz-usa.com .

CZguy
January 4, 2005, 07:05 AM
I've never been able to get Mike to answer an email. But he is extremely helpful on the phone. 1-800=955-4486

Black Snowman
January 4, 2005, 02:59 PM
Comparing my CZ 85 Compact and my RAMI safeties it might be possible to upgrade RAMI to an ambi but would require machining the frame for the right side lever. A CZ 85 Combat ambi safety should be the correct dimensions. The frame is the stumbling block.

CZguy
January 4, 2005, 04:39 PM
I was able to install a CZ-75B safely and slide lock on my RAMI. It required about 5 minuets of filing on each part, and then touch up with a Birchwood Casey touch up pen.

The safety required about 1/8 of an inch to be filed off so that it would clear the grips.

The slide lock had to be filed a very small amount, in the area where it contacts the magazine.

As I said these were very small adjustments and took under 10 minuets.

I am now able to operate the controls on the RAMI with no problems.

If you enjoyed reading about "Possible to make safety on CZ Rami ambi??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!