"Social Situations" - what a quaint name!

PDA

crashresidue
December 29, 2004, 06:53 AM
Cheers people,

I'm most likely the newest member, so I haven't toured all the posts and forums here, but I'm impressed!

Here is a web site that makes you THINK!

I've been here long enough to scare "pax" - and Honey, I didn't mean too!

Let me lay some ground work, and then I'll be quiet!

My "ole" man" flew B-25's in North Africa in WWII, I flew "gunships' in Nam for two tours (67/68 & 69/70), and then went to Rhodesia and killed "terries for fun and profit" for some un-named people.

The tone of my posts on this forum are based on the fact that I was raised in the South, but I "grew up in Viet Nam" - that was my cusp! I learned: dignity, trust, honor, integrity, and dependablilty-- from that war.

I learned: If you lie - people DIE!

If you are NOT dependable - people DIE!

If you are NOT trustworthy - then people won't believe you, and they'll DIE!

If you have neither honor or integrity - all of the above will come true!

War is a terrible thing - but it's a crucible where you either get "formed" or you're lost.

Some of us were able to bring more of our "selves" home than others. Please remember this when you're dealing with "homeless Viet Vets". They are here, but their souls are "a long way away'.

My father came home and never got into a cockpit again - I came home and couldn't get out one.

I use a three step system for carrying (CCW): I don't carry unless I REALLY think I'm gonna' need it, I don't pull it - unless I entend to use it, and I don't use it unless - (s)he's gonna' be dead after the smoke clears.

It's crushing to some people, but to others, it just a fact of life - I've decided that MY life (or my wife's life) is worth protecting and defending to the death - hopefully - theirs!

Gentle winds,
Crashresidue
AKA Russell Shearer

ps: I'll tell THAT story if bribbed with enough booze!

If you enjoyed reading about ""Social Situations" - what a quaint name!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about ""Social Situations" - what a quaint name!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!