Hey, all you New People!

PDA

Drjones
December 30, 2002, 07:45 PM
I see a lot of unfamiliar people here; usernames I've never seen on TFL. (YES, I'm aware some have changed their usernames...)

How did you learn about this place? Were you a lurker at TFL? If so, why did you decide to start postin' here?

If you didn't hear of us from TFL, where did you come from?

Drjones

If you enjoyed reading about "Hey, all you New People!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Aliens1956@AOL.com
December 30, 2002, 08:12 PM
Don't remember where I learned about this board but I have been a lurker for some time now.Getting too much information to take time to post<G>.Followed you nuts fron TFL to here and viola.....Could never write info down and post at the same time I guess.......Now that I know it all I am ready to post<G>

.45TCB
December 30, 2002, 08:30 PM
I was a TFL lurker (for the most part - a few posts under an old name). When THR opened, I figured I might as well join the fun!

Aliens1956@AOL.com
December 30, 2002, 08:41 PM
Fun,this is supposed to be fun.........well there goes the book I am writing about this board I guess.......:D

StuporDave
December 30, 2002, 09:10 PM
Saw an announcement about this board on another board I frequent. Either Parallax's C&R forum or 1911Forum. Don't remember which.

Dave

HABU
December 30, 2002, 09:50 PM
I followed a link from 1911forum. Things are kinda funky over there right now.

MountainPeak
December 30, 2002, 10:04 PM
Lurked once in a while at TFL. Saw the link posted at a couple of the other sites I visit. I thought I would give it a try and I'm glad I did. I'm a guy that might view several gun forums 2-3 nights in a row and then not even turn on my home computer for days. So if I ever respond to a post of yours and you reply with a question, I am not ignoring anyone, just busy.

G-Raptor
December 30, 2002, 10:09 PM
Since you asked. :cool:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=367

EnfieldIII
December 30, 2002, 10:09 PM
I've been lurking at TFL for sometime "addicted" actually. Never posted there, thought I would try to post some here. Congrats on busting 2000 members THR!
Nice Place
Enfield

emann
December 30, 2002, 10:25 PM
I was registered and posted for the last 6 months at TFL.

Rangerover
December 30, 2002, 11:32 PM
Lurked for ages. Then finally figured that, though I'm not guerilla warfare expert with a world-class arsenal, I might as well open my yap and say SOMETHING. Makes the whole experience more interactive. Besides, I suspect that most of our 2000 or so members are just average folks like me who don't claim to be an "expert" on anything, but who might have a question or comment on occasion, and who are eager to hear varied opinions/experiences.

Besides, if I say something amateurish or inane I figure all anyone has is my name. What? You don't think my REAL name is "Range J. Rover"??!!:mad: Well! #@%$!*&!
:p

Cliff
December 30, 2002, 11:32 PM
I lurked on TSL for about 4 months,then joined around the beginning of November.

Pointman
December 31, 2002, 02:07 AM
I happened across Oleg's a-human-right.com site from a falfiles.com posting last week, dropped him a note of praise on the site and he replied with this sites address.

I've been on the 'net since '93, but never found TheFiringLine.com.... :banghead:

dave
December 31, 2002, 02:22 AM
I'm here the same way that brought G-Raptor. I'm a regular poster at Glock Talk under the name dave1.

Saw a thread on the opening of THR, liked what I saw and visit as often as I can. Although I have posted mainly at GT, and own several Glocks, they are not the only fireams I own. I enjoy posting here because, as with GT, I am able to talk about any weapon I own and get some very good replies.

Thanks again for a place to hang my hat.

PATH
December 31, 2002, 02:57 AM
I always was and will always remain PATH!

Drjones
December 31, 2002, 06:52 AM
I'm here the same way that brought G-Raptor. I'm a regular poster at Glock Talk under the name dave1.

Saw a thread on the opening of THR, liked what I saw and visit as often as I can. Although I have posted mainly at GT, and own several Glocks, they are not the only fireams I own. I enjoy posting here because, as with GT, I am able to talk about any weapon I own and get some very good replies.

I think I started that thread!!!

Dave and G-Rap: I know you two from GT!!! Seen you around here, and Eddie C too...you are good guys! Glad you joined us!

Warning: We might get you to buy a gun other than a Glock if you hang around here too much!!! (YES there are other gun manufacturers!)

Drjones:p :D

Leatherneck
December 31, 2002, 10:24 AM
I think it's kinda nice to see new names with the message "...I lurked @ TFL..." BTW, we haven't had our first troll yet, have we?
TC
TFL Survivor

GregoryTech
December 31, 2002, 10:55 AM
Been posted to www.packing.org yet? I was away for Christmas and I might have missed it.

Oh, to the original question... I learned of this place on TFL where my alias is the same. I also saw the link posted on Michael Moore's BFC forum (don't ask!!).

I post on GlockTalk and Packing.Org with the same name. Hello all!

Fastlane
December 31, 2002, 11:07 AM
Lurker at TFL, Mike Erwin posted this url in a post on TFL.:)

ARGarrison
December 31, 2002, 05:10 PM
I too was a lurker at TFL. Found it middle of 02, never register though. My loss. I don't plan on making that mistake twice so here I am.

rmdye
December 31, 2002, 05:42 PM
well i was a lurker at Tfl, i also noticed tha post on the 1911 board and PBs board. so i fig i should start on this site with the best foot foward. Ronald

Deadhand
December 31, 2002, 05:47 PM
I overheard a conversation at a gun show about TFL closing shop, and those guys were really bummed about it. When I asked what TFL was, they said it was the "best gawda^^$##ed sit on the net." So I checked it out and found my way here. I have really enjoyed myself so far- what a great bunch of patriots!

Diesle
December 31, 2002, 05:53 PM
member 1911 forum, lurker of TFL.

I think I started posting here because the 'slate was cleaned' with the move. Everyone was back to the starting line...

Diesle

shootingfarm
December 31, 2002, 06:25 PM
1911Forum and TFL

Didn't post much on TFL, used the same name on both.

Paul

Sam1380
December 31, 2002, 06:45 PM
Was lurking on TFL, finally registered to reply to a rant. I think was one of George Hills. Never did reply George had me scared.:cuss:

dairycreek
December 31, 2002, 06:49 PM
Dairycreek at TFL! Dairycreek at THR!
Sorry to see TFL go. Happy to see THR take off.
Good shooting:)

clem
December 31, 2002, 11:00 PM
No name change, was TFL #9359 and I found the back door unlocked, so here I is. Ha!

BillCola
January 1, 2003, 12:02 AM
Yes, a lurker, as you say.
But not any more! :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Hey, all you New People!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!