Cowboy Action Shooting in Czech Republic

PDA

hillbilly
January 4, 2005, 12:44 AM
I just saw an episdoe of Michael Bane's new show "Cowboys" about the European SASS championships in Prague.

I have officially seen everything now....

http://www.sass-europe.com/

hillbilly

If you enjoyed reading about "Cowboy Action Shooting in Czech Republic" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The_Antibubba
January 4, 2005, 03:19 PM
"Hey, Pardner, Czech your guns at the door!" :D

carebear
January 4, 2005, 03:25 PM
"Where do I keep my BUG?"

"Poland, of course."

Standing Wolf
January 4, 2005, 06:10 PM
There may be a ray of hope for Europe, after all.

Zundfolge
January 4, 2005, 06:34 PM
Don't you find it ironic that many of the former "Soviet Satellites" are more free then Western Europe? :p

Bridger
January 4, 2005, 07:33 PM
There may be a ray of hope for Europe, after all.

Yep, my dad's parents were Czech. He gets a newsletter for a Czech organization, and I was recently reading it about their gun laws there. Apparently they just had the laws made more lenient, so that now shooters in the Czech Republic can get machine guns! I don't remember the details, but I'm sure it's all registered and it seems that the leniency was geared toward arms collectors.

hillbilly
January 4, 2005, 07:34 PM
Zundfolge, I don't find it ironic at all. I think it's only natural.

It's always people who have been deprived of something who appreciate it the most.

One of my former students was a Mongolian.

He appreciates American freedoms a thousand times more than any of my American students do, because he grew up without any freedom.

Another example in my own native Arkansas is this.

All the tourists want to go see Mount Magazine, the highest point between the Appalachians and the Rockies.

But lots of native Arkies, especially natives who grew up literally in the shadow of Mount Magazine, have never ever been to the top of the mountain, because it's always been there and is nothing special to them.

hillbilly

armoredman
January 4, 2005, 08:36 PM
Carebear, that was baaaaad.

Bug River is in Poland, for those who didn't get it. Egad.
Maybe CZ will start importing an SAA?

carebear
January 5, 2005, 12:39 AM
Thanks armoredman, I'd hate to be a "Pest." :evil:

NMshooter
January 5, 2005, 12:49 AM
Buda carebear, that was even worse. :p

I am happy that things are improving for Eastern Europe after everything they have gone through.

armoredman
January 5, 2005, 10:13 AM
Carebear, when you shoot cowboy guns in Eastern Europe, do they go "Krakow!"

carebear
January 5, 2005, 02:44 PM
I dunno. I could never afford a gun in eastern Europe.

I did try to buy one in Italy once, but even there I was too "Po."

MAURICE
January 5, 2005, 04:06 PM
Hillbilly, I have a friend that live in Paris, AR. Been to his place a thousand times. Never once been up to the park. I will have to make a point of it next time I am in the neighborhood.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cowboy Action Shooting in Czech Republic" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!