OSHA approved trigger lock?

PDA

Sisco
March 4, 2003, 01:04 PM
With all the combining of federal agencies under the Office of Homeland Security, what if OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration) & the ATF were combined?
Since the primary job of OSHA is safety they would be charged with devising a way to make firearms safer.
Having considerable experience with industrial lock out / tag out procedures here is what I would imagine they would require.
The beautiful part about this system is that OSHA does not require equipment to be locked out if it is in use or in a standby condition! The locks would only have to be applied to ensure safety of the owner or gunsmith when they preformed maintenance or repairs on the firearm. Would be kinda hard to do a detail strip with all those tags in the way though!:D

If you enjoyed reading about "OSHA approved trigger lock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kharn
March 4, 2003, 01:35 PM
White-out beats Sharpie any day of the week. :neener:

I bet Osha would have a fit trying to find 40"+ lockout straps small enough to fit down a .22's barrel that are cheap enough for people to use.

Kharn

Blackhawk
March 4, 2003, 01:54 PM
The beautiful part about this system is that OSHA does not require equipment to be locked out if it is in use or in a standby condition! Since all my guns are either in use or in a standby condition ALL the time, I guess I shouldn't be all that torqued. However.... :barf:

:neener:

PS: I USE my guns to test my cleaning equipment and supplies too. :rolleyes:

10-Ring
March 4, 2003, 02:47 PM
:what: Don't give'em any ideas!

If you enjoyed reading about "OSHA approved trigger lock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!