Anyone using the Lyman Multi-Expand/Powder Charge Die?

PDA

JNewell
January 7, 2005, 09:07 PM
I'm wondering if anyone here uses the Lyman Multi-Expand/Powder Charge die or die set (which comes with multiple expanders)? I've been charging this way when I use my single-stage press with Lee dies and the Lee Auto Disk measure (which I like), and it works well for me. The Lyman die would allow me to use my old #55 measure, which works better for some powders. Any comparisons between how well the expanders on the regular type M dies work compared to the multi-expand system would be welcome -- the configuration of the expander buttons is somewhat different.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone using the Lyman Multi-Expand/Powder Charge Die?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Car Knocker
January 7, 2005, 11:17 PM
I use it on my Hornady Pro-Jector with a RCBS Uniflow measure. Works great on .380ACP, 9mm, .357 Mag, .45ACP and .308 Winchester. Not able to compare with "M" type dies.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone using the Lyman Multi-Expand/Powder Charge Die?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!