S&W 1000 Piston Shock Absorber

PDA

jrhines
January 8, 2005, 11:48 AM
I posted this in the shotgun forum, too! A S&W 1000 came into the shop with the chief complaint being that you could not load shells into the magazine. The follower was "glued" inplace. Indeed it was! When I dissasembled the gun I found what appeared to be "tar" in the mag tube, gobs of it. It turns out to be the remains of the piston shock absorber, after someone dumped solvent down the mag tube and dissolved the shock absorber, fired the gun a few times, thus coating the inside of the mag tube with this gooey, black mess. Well, what I need to know is what was this shock absorber made of and how thick was it? I know I can get one from Numrich, but I would like to make one of something a bit more solvent resistant. Can someone give me an idea of the thickness of this thing and how soft or firm the material is?

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W 1000 Piston Shock Absorber" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "S&W 1000 Piston Shock Absorber" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!