best place to order bolt spring for single action colt repro?

PDA

Kaylee
January 9, 2005, 10:29 PM
*sigh*

no sooner do I replace the busted hand spring in my Pietta 1860 than the bolt spring gives out, so now the dang thing won't lock into battery.

I don't think I'll be buying any more piettas. :cuss:

Anyhow -- anyone know where I can order a GOOD spring to replace the busted one?

Thanks. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "best place to order bolt spring for single action colt repro?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
mnrivrat
January 11, 2005, 03:04 AM
Been a long time since I've dealt with them but you can try Dixe Gun Works out of Union City , TN .
Not sure if they have an on line site , but they put out a catalog and generaly carried many black powder pistol parts.

Jim K
January 11, 2005, 03:06 AM
Gun Parts Corp (www.gunpartscorp.com) has them for the Colt at $3.95. Sometimes a little fitting is needed, and I recommend feathering the bolt part to reduce bolt peening on the cylinder. Also, buy two while you are at it as they do tend to break or weaken.

I have handled a number of Pietta guns and will only say that I consider them to be less than high quality.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "best place to order bolt spring for single action colt repro?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!