Browning BPS 10 ga

PDA

yotehunter
January 10, 2005, 11:02 PM
I just purchased a Browning BPS 10 ga with a 26 inch barrel, it has the cammo finish. I love the feel of the finish, its almost a rubber type coating, it really grips well. I plan on using this as my main yote calling gun.
I know its going to pack a punch at both ends but I have always wanted a 10 gauge and we had these clearenced at the store I work in.
How well built are these, I know that brownings are nice but is there anything I need to watch out for. Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning BPS 10 ga" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SShooterZ
January 11, 2005, 12:19 AM
Decent guns. It's a Browning, they make quality. :)

SteelyDan
January 11, 2005, 12:38 AM
I've shot the 10-gauge BPSes a lot for goose hunting, and I can't remember a single failure to fire (excepting a couple times I left the safety on...) or a problem of any kind. I don't think there's anything to "watch out for," just spend a little time patterning it with likely shells at different distances. Good choice.

Gordon
January 11, 2005, 01:46 AM
Do I detect an upturn of 10ga interest? Good thing! Try the 54 plated pellet Winchester #4 buck load. With a modified choke my BPS is DEVASTATING up to 50 yards on racoons and dogs! My BPS has been in service since 92 , I think, when I decided steel is worthless in anything less= 10ga used exclusively for migratory game birds in US! :)

kudu
January 11, 2005, 04:52 AM
A good dose of lead 2's is lethal on yotes' out to 75-80yards from a good patterning load. 4's do well on foxes out to the same distance. A load of lead bb's may even get you a farther shot if the pattern is there and you can find any of the shells.

But what you really need is some slugs..... ;)

yotehunter
January 11, 2005, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the replys, Im happy to hear good things about my choice, seems everytime I buy a new gun I start hearing bad things about them. I picked up some 00 Buck 18 pellets per shell, some T shot and BB. Ill try all the others mentioned as I find them (and can afford them).

Marshall
January 11, 2005, 11:51 AM
I have always wanted a BPS in 10ga, congrats! I have no doubt you will like the gun, it's a browning! Oh, the Dura Touch Armor Coating finish is a nice touch. LOL :)

yotehunter
January 11, 2005, 11:58 AM
I forgot to mention that I also bought and installed the True Glow turkey sights. The front is just a fiber optic type rod and the rear has a fiber optic that circles up and around . Its hard to explain but it works great. Gives a very good sight picture.

Marshall
January 11, 2005, 01:19 PM
You explained it fine.

Looks like this from the side........almost heart shaped, kind of.

http://img89.exs.cx/img89/6110/012227l2ng.th.jpg (http://img89.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img89&image=012227l2ng.jpg)

yotehunter
January 11, 2005, 02:43 PM
Yep, thats the sight, they seem to give a very good sight picture. Ill know more when I can get out and give it a try.

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning BPS 10 ga" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!