Happy dance! New Belgian BHP!

PDA

Preacherman
March 4, 2003, 10:16 PM
Boy, did I get a deal today! I walked into a local gunshop where a customer was laying out four handguns to be sold on consignment at a forthcoming gun show. One of them was a new, unfired Belgian Browning Hi-Power with 5 13-round magazines! I asked what his reserve was on that gun, and he said "Oh, $450, I guess."

Needless to say, my wallet was in my hand almost before he'd finished speaking! Fortunately, I'd just been to the bank, so I had my rent money on hand - I can get more for the rent tomorrow! I walked out with this lovely little beauty in my hands...

I don't know what prices are like on brand-new Belgian BHP's elsewhere, but round here they're typically $600-$800 for lightly used ones, never mind unfired examples! Best firearms deal I've had in a year or two. See Preacherman smile! :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Happy dance! New Belgian BHP!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Schuey2002
March 4, 2003, 10:20 PM
Congratulations,Father!;)

Um, are we going to get a pic?

Stephen A. Camp
March 4, 2003, 10:43 PM
Hello and very good, sir.

Best.

Mannlicher
March 4, 2003, 10:56 PM
That is SO cool. I am happy for you. Darn good price too.

firestar
March 4, 2003, 11:04 PM
I'm jealous! All I could manage was a FM Hi-Power Detective:( .

You have almost the price of your gun just in hi-caps! Check E-bay for prices. You lucky dog!

My question is, why do you pay your rent in cash? Are you running from the law or something?:neener:

P95Carry
March 4, 2003, 11:10 PM
Fortunate indeed ..... most please for ya.

Have to say tho .. and this is just in passin ... much as I would not turn one down if such a good price .... I do much prefer the P35 sorta models. But then I'm gettin old .. set in my ways!:rolleyes: :p

BigG
March 4, 2003, 11:16 PM
Congratulations!

Neal Bloom
March 4, 2003, 11:36 PM
Congrats! Great price for a great gun!

Tecolote
March 4, 2003, 11:39 PM
Congratulations on your find. :)

556A2
March 4, 2003, 11:47 PM
Some people have all the luck, Congrads and have fun. :)

Preacherman
March 4, 2003, 11:52 PM
My question is, why do you pay your rent in cash? Are you running from the law or something?No, but landlords have their own reasons for appreciating cash payments - the letters R, S and I, in a different order, come to mind as one possibility... :D Besides, that meant that I was able to buy it on the spot, with no waiting, as a private transaction! Better and better... :D

10-Ring
March 5, 2003, 01:42 AM
Congratulations! Post some pics if you can,k? ;)

Wildalaska
March 5, 2003, 03:15 AM
Somebody is smiling upon you Preacher

WildnicecatchAlaska

sm
March 5, 2003, 04:33 AM
Congratulations!! You "done good".

My Belgian BHP story. My personal Dr., shooting partner, good friend had one of those, I probably shot it more than he did. I made it VERY clear I wanted it if he should ever decide to part with it.

He traded it in on a Glock. Later that week he bought a Harley.

I found out 2 wks after this. Yes I had a very stern "patient to Dr. talk". Suggested he go down the hall and have his head examined...

ThePerfectOne
March 5, 2003, 05:21 AM
I tought most of you guys wouldn't buy Belgian products anymore since the Belgian gouvernment boycotted Bush with the Iraqy affair :confused:

I'm glad you didn't let politics interfair with guns. You got yourself a good deal there, even in La Belgique, a brand new HP comes at about $ 600, with only one spare magazine.

for the record: I do NOT agree with the Belgian gouvernment by not supporting the USA. the USA supported Belgium in WW1 and 2, thousends of young Americans died on the Belgian battlefields, and this attitude is what you get merely 50 years later, for shame :o

Keith
March 5, 2003, 02:09 PM
I was wondering if someone would bring up the fact that the pistol in question was Belgian?

I will no longer buy French, German or Belgian products. I'm a beer geek, so the only thing that really hurts is giving up Belgian beer! No more Lambic or Abbey Ales... How will I live without Chimay? sigh...

Keith

care-less
March 5, 2003, 04:39 PM
:fire: Totally JEALOUS :fire: :) :) :) :) :)

WonderNine
March 7, 2003, 02:07 AM
That ridiculous. The Belgian government did not manufactor a 20 year old made in Belgium Hi-Power. Neither does the Belgian government brew beer.

Kahr carrier
March 7, 2003, 07:41 AM
Congrats that was being in the right place at the right time.:)

Litlman
March 7, 2003, 10:37 AM
That was a great deal!!! Good luck with it . The only way that I could afford a BHP is to walk in on a deal like that and ,grab it! Good JOB!!!

Keith
March 7, 2003, 01:01 PM
We, I don't know. I think we should reward our friends with our money and punish our enemies by not giving them our money.

Belgium is the most doubtful case among the three western European nations that oppose us. So, I don't feel THAT strongly about boycotting their products.

However, todays Washington Times reveals that France shipped military parts for Mirage jets and Gazelle attack helicopters to Iraq as late as January - two months ago! In defiance of the UN Sanctions and with the full knowledge that these weapons would be used against US and British forces.

Are you going to buy products from such a nation?

Keith

ThePerfectOne
March 8, 2003, 10:38 AM
don't forget that the great old US of A has supported Saddam back in the '70!

Keith
March 8, 2003, 01:37 PM
That "US supported Saddam" baloney is just that, baloney. Go to janes.com and see how many American weapons are in his arsenal - none! Lots of French, German and Russian stuff though.

But, I don't really care what they sold him prior to 1991. It's what they are selling him now, with UN sanctions in place, that bothers me.

Keith

If you enjoyed reading about "Happy dance! New Belgian BHP!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!