ATI SKS stock slop fix!

PDA

bud45
January 16, 2005, 12:06 AM
Please don't laugh at my fix...here goes!

Awhile back, I started to use the SKS I installed into a Sporter Stock for hunting- it's lighter than my SKS/Monte Carlo stock combo, especially when I rope it up to my treestand- but I noticed the SKS in the Sporter Stock was loose, not good for accuracy! The problem was at the rear and underneath behind the trigger mechanism.

Call me nuts, but this works: I took a milk jug and cut shims, one for the upper rear, which I bent into a right angle and used Elmer's Glue to stick in place temporarily. I then cut a couple to fit into the fingernail-like area behind the trigger area. After installing them in both areas, I found one shim for the top and two down bottom did the trick. For a more permanent fix, 3M Super Weatherstrip Adhesive, or at least Elmer's Wood Glue, would do the trick, but these shims with ordinary Elmer's haven't budged a bit!

You could try this trick with other stocks, I suppose...if "one more shim" is too thick, then polish it on a sheet of 600 grit sandpaper a little bit before reinstalling.

Sorry I don't have picture-posting abilities....

Bud

If you enjoyed reading about "ATI SKS stock slop fix!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Firehand
December 3, 2005, 11:28 AM
I've come to the conclusion that if it works, it's not nuts. Period.

If you enjoyed reading about "ATI SKS stock slop fix!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!