Carry while Exercising

PDA

Jack19
March 5, 2003, 10:15 AM
For those of you who carry while jogging, or cycling, what are you carrying and how are you carrying it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Carry while Exercising" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
nursericky
March 5, 2003, 10:33 AM
keltec p11 in a waistband holster

Jesse H
March 5, 2003, 12:03 PM
Fanny pack with HS2000, spare mag, wallet, keys, and kershaw, slung over my shoulder.

Somewhat bulky but then you see folks jogging with weights, mine're just more useful.

10-Ring
March 5, 2003, 12:04 PM
Cycling, it's a handlebar bag w/ my Glock 36. Hiking, running or walking, its something in my Camelback. Working out in an actual gym I don't usually have anything w/ me.

treeprof
March 5, 2003, 12:39 PM
Those neoprene Discman holders by Case Logic work well for j-frames and small autos.

AJ Dual
March 5, 2003, 04:19 PM
Back during the jogging craze in the 80's, my dad would jog with an old tennis racket now and then. But as a little kid, I didn't make the connection... :scrutiny:

Of course, trying to hit a rabid Redwing Blackbird that would allways attack him by grabbibg his hair, and pecking at his head at one certian point in the park, would be pretty hard with most any pistol.

One day he jogged back to the house, grinning, and never bothered to go out with the tennis racket again... :D

Johnny Guest
March 5, 2003, 05:10 PM
:p

IMO, the Kel Tec p32 with belt clip was designed for the waistband of sweat pants, under an oversize t-shirt or sweat shirt.

I used to do an Airweight Chief in a small waistpack.

Best,
Johnny

Loach
March 5, 2003, 05:31 PM
I tried carrying by Ruger P95 on my when jogging, but found it moved around too much since wearing a stiff belt is uncomfortable when jogging. Now I carry my KelTec P-32 in a ActionDirect Defender 'belly-band' type holster and it seems to work pretty well.

hjrocket
March 5, 2003, 11:38 PM
Kel-Tec P-11 in ski jacket pocket- or Glock 27 in a fanny pack if it's warmer.:cool:

Hardtarget
March 5, 2003, 11:50 PM
I don't jog because my knees can't take that anymore. I do like to do the "power walk" thing. I know its not much but better than nothing...I guess. Anyway, I don't wear sweats or shorts, just jeans, shirt, a jacket if its cool. I carry a compact .45 IWB with an
extra mag. Seems to work OK for me.
Mark.

AK103K
March 6, 2003, 09:38 AM
I keep my Combat Commander in a Uncle Mikes IWB holster in my CamelBak while riding my bike. Keeps the gun from flopping around and in the same place. Just need to change my tactics a little if I need to get to it. Its the "jump off, run like hell, and it would behove you not to follow" method. :)

TheFrontRange
March 6, 2003, 12:09 PM
Most of my "jogging" is more of a shuffle LOL...but when I walk or jog, I've been carrying along my full-size Kimber Custom and a spare mag in a Galco fanny pack, light grey in color. I keep the pack cinched in pretty tight and it's been working well for me.

The cycling I do is very casual, so I'm not in the spandex and such the more serious cyclists wear. I usually carry OWB with two spare mags, all covered by an untucked shirt or a vest then, pretty much how I normally dress outside of work.

jthuang
March 6, 2003, 01:24 PM
My Kel-Tec P32 in Thunderwear is secondary to the Spyderco Endura clipped to my right front pocket. Surefire E2 clipped to left front pocket.

Justin

roscoe
March 6, 2003, 01:47 PM
P32 in the waistband of my running shorts. Just keep the drawstring a bit snugger than usual.

JamisJockey
March 6, 2003, 02:19 PM
Its the "jump off, run like hell, and it would behove you not to follow" method
Not easy in a pair of hard-soled shoes with pedal cleats!
As the season gets underway I'll be picking up a belly band holster to carry my Taurus Model 85 in while riding. Since I mostly road bike, 'road rage' is a valid concern. I've had **** thrown at me, and have been insulted, cut off, flipped off, and nearly run off the road. Also, persistant dogs are a danger....
Some cycling tips to help when confronted by man or beast:
1) dismount and place the bicycle between you and the threat.
2) always carry a cellphone so you can dial 911 (someone's gotta pick up the body :neener: )
3) Make eye contact with dogs and shout 'No! Bad Dog! Go Home!' Reminds them who's boss
4) a quick squirt from a water bottle will discourage most dogs. can be also used to confuse an aggresive person (might piss them off more, so use caution!)

Check out the attached photo, by the way :neener:

AK103K
March 6, 2003, 02:35 PM
Not easy in a pair of hard-soled shoes with pedal cleats!

I wear ATB shoes with recessed spd cleat and spikes for both road and off road. If I have to walk, I aint doin it in road shoes. :)
The CamelBak aint the quickest to access, but its comforting to know its there. Like I said, you just need to adjust your tacticts to it. Most of where I ride is farm land and most drivers are pretty civil. Then again, I've seen bike riders who "should" carry a gun, just because of "their" attitude. It pays to be polite, especially when the mirror will kill you. :)

blades67
March 6, 2003, 02:45 PM
I usually have my G19 in my CamelBak because it's lighter than many of my other handguns.

JamisJockey
March 6, 2003, 04:38 PM
I wear ATB shoes with recessed spd cleat
In all honesty, I probably should wear mine mostly and just save the road shoes for races. My road shoes ventilate a hell of alot better, though. Looking forward to a new season, since I ended the last one with a bang (literally!)
See attached photo :)

JamisJockey
March 6, 2003, 04:41 PM
Oh....to get it back on topic, somewhat....
:neener:
I had an old style helmet lying around and decided to have some fun with it.
Ammo used was .38+P JHP
distance, 10yards
See attached :evil:

DTOM
March 6, 2003, 11:00 PM
I always run with my AK-47. It builds strength. Of course, I don't jog on city streets as that could raise a stir with the squemish neighbors, if I had any. :-)

If you enjoyed reading about "Carry while Exercising" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!