Vepr Ak gas tube removal

PDA

TheFreepster
January 16, 2005, 11:37 PM
Hello, i am new to THR so im still getting the hang of this. I have a VEPR K rifle in 7.62x39mm. The rifle is great and I am very satisfied with it, but i do have a minor problem. The lever which is flipped up to release the gas piston tube (this little lever is found on the right side of the recieve near the site on ak and sks type rifles) is extremely tight. I can open it only when using lubericant and pliers. I have tried using the standard ak cleaning kit to open it (it has a slit to fit the lever in so the cleaning kit tube can be used as a lever) but found i could not get enough torque on it. Does anyone have any experiance with a problem like this or have any ideas of how to fix it?

If you enjoyed reading about "Vepr Ak gas tube removal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kamicosmos
January 17, 2005, 12:37 AM
It should loosen up a little with use. My WASR's is fairly tight, so I use the cleaning kit to work it, or just pop it with the leatherman.

KaceCoyote
January 17, 2005, 04:15 AM
Yeah my Saiga is far from fun to work with when the gas tube is involved aswell.

If you enjoyed reading about "Vepr Ak gas tube removal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!