Sig P232 vs. Kahr K9 for CCW

PDA

E36M3
January 20, 2005, 01:06 PM
Thoughts?
Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P232 vs. Kahr K9 for CCW" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JoeRapture
January 20, 2005, 02:21 PM
I would think the Kahr would be better because it's 9mm. I think the quality is about the same. I have had nothing but good experiences with Sigs and Sig customer service. I don't know about Kahr's customer service. I would probably carry the P239. That's a personal preference; I have a P232 but am not confident in the caliber. It is well made, accurate and fun to shoot. I think it's got a heel magazine release which I dislike intensely. I prefer a magazine release on the grip (like my P239, etc.)

Preacherman
January 20, 2005, 02:39 PM
The 9mm. round is so much more effective than the .380 that there's no comparison, really. The Kahr has it all the way over the SIG if you're trusting your life to the performance of the round - and both lose out to a more powerful round!

Zundfolge
January 20, 2005, 02:41 PM
Go with an MK9 instead of a K9 ... size wise its as small (if not smaller then) the Sig, but 9x19 hits harder.

At any rate that would be more of an "apples to apples" comparison then the P232 vs the K9

Missouri Mule
January 20, 2005, 02:49 PM
I would choose the Kahr!

also don't rule out the PM9.

9mm is better than .380 any day.

That said I also occasionally carry a Keltec P3AT as a BUG and even" rarely"
as a primary, depending on my clothing limitations.

If you are dead set on the the Sig...wait a little while until Springfield Armour
gets their "Under license" Walther copy out. They are supposedly making improvements to it like a n alloy frame an extended tang.

Marshall
January 20, 2005, 02:58 PM
If you are dead set on the the Sig...wait a little while until Springfield Armour

I haven't head about this, when is this suppose to take place? So, it's an improved PPK except made by Springfield?

Alan Fud
January 20, 2005, 08:27 PM
... wait a little while until Springfield Armour gets their "Under license" Walther copy out. They are supposedly making improvements to it like a n alloy frame an extended tang ... I thought S&W was the EXCLUSIVE distributor for Walther products here in America :confused:

deputy tom
January 20, 2005, 10:00 PM
Buy the one that fits your hand.tom.

Avery Goodschott
January 21, 2005, 12:20 AM
The Kahr MK9 is powerful enough, small enough..yet heavy enough to be a solid performer. Accurate and reliable.

I carry this often ... as a primary or BUG.

I also have the P239 in 9mm, .40 amd 357SIG

Along with P226, P220ST and P226ST and a slew of 1911's

I can't go smaller than 22oz and less than 9mm.....

So, check out the Kahr...see if it fits.

MrAcheson
January 21, 2005, 12:24 AM
The sig tends to be a hand biter too. It's not as bad as a walther, but my brother couldn't shoot through a whole magazine when we rented on at our range. I finished the rest of the box and had nice red marks (but no blood) across the web of my hand.

MICHAEL T
January 21, 2005, 12:42 AM
The inproved PPK is all ready out. Its called a Bersa.

January 21, 2005, 05:11 AM

Jiml3
January 21, 2005, 11:41 AM
The PPK is being produced under license by S&W with some improvements. A larger tang, smoother trigger and removing all the sharp edges. Things that Walther should have done years ago. All nice, but still only a .380.

Missouri Mule
January 21, 2005, 06:10 PM
I don't know about Walther's and Springfield Armories business arrangements...........

According the the 2005 Shot Show article in the February 2005 Shooting Illustrated, Smith and Wesson will reproduce the original PPK with the improvements under a licensing agreement with Carl Walther, GmbH.

page #57 bottom center.

I'm not a gun expert and I don't play one on TV. Hell I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

But I shared what I read in a gun rag, sorry :eek: !

If you enjoyed reading about "Sig P232 vs. Kahr K9 for CCW" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!