Guns and appliances.

PDA

KP95DAO
March 5, 2003, 06:56 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A46611-2003Mar5.html

Enraged Computer Owner Shoots Up Machine

The Associated Press
Wednesday, March 5, 2003; 3:53 PM

George Doughty hung his latest hunting trophy on the wall of his Sportsman's Bar and Restaurant. Then he went to jail.

The problem was the trophy was Doughty's laptop computer.

He shot it four times, as customers watched, after it crashed once too often.

He was jailed on suspicion of felony menacing, reckless endangerment and the prohibited use of weapons.

"It's sort of funny, because everybody always threatens their computers," said police Lt. Rick Bashor, seconds before his own police computer froze at police headquarters.

Doughty was released Monday evening after spending a night in jail and is due in court Wednesday.

In police reports, Doughty said that he realized afterward that he shouldn't have shot his computer but at the time it seemed like the right thing to do.

This story reminded me of a story my highschool chemistry teacher told:
She and a number of her friends were out enjoying the Alaska outdoors and had stopped for lunch. One of the group had brought a portable radio and had it turned to a music station. All of a sudden one of the guys pulled out his revolver and put a bullet through the radio returning the woods to its natural noise state. Everyone else was kind of surprised and he said "That it seemed like the right thing to do." They all agreed with him.

This was in Fairbanks in 1972. The teacher's name was Ms. Pomeroy. At one point before teaching she worked in one of our country's atomic weapons labs. It was a very interesting class.

If you enjoyed reading about "Guns and appliances." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Standing Wolf
March 5, 2003, 09:06 PM
I used to shoot at a club that had television shoots from time to time, and now shoot at a range whose entrance drive is lined with heavily shot up cars: all very adolescent, to be sure, but still kind of fun.

Kahr carrier
March 5, 2003, 09:09 PM
That fella needs a little Anger management.:what:

coonan357
March 5, 2003, 09:09 PM
one of the guys shot his CD player after it "ate" one of his hard to get Import discs..:D

10-Ring
March 6, 2003, 12:20 AM
That's pretty good! I sometimes feel like doing the same thing, never imagined someone actually doing it.

Coronach
March 6, 2003, 12:32 AM
This is so very on topic, but it is also a dupe. The original can be found here. (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12064)

Mike

If you enjoyed reading about "Guns and appliances." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!