Pachmayr American Legend question

PDA

Rockrivr1
January 21, 2005, 03:17 PM
Seeing that I'm from Massachusetts the choices of 1911s is pretty limited. You can choose the super high priced ones that have been in the state since the mid 90s or buy the new S&W 1911. That's pretty much it. So with that said I picked up a S&W 1911 last year and I really like it. It shoot great for me, but my only complaint is the plastic grips that come with it. While leafing through my Sportsman's Guide catalog I received yesterday I noticed these Pachmayr American Legend Rosewood grips on a 1911. They looked pretty nice with the Rosewood, rubber overlay and finger grooves.

Does anyone have these on thier 1911 or any other handgun? Can anyone suggest a different kind of nice grips for a 1911 if the American Legends are not so good?

If you enjoyed reading about "Pachmayr American Legend question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
peashooter
January 23, 2005, 12:44 PM
I had a set on a Springer Mil-Spec. Loved them. They look and feel great.

JimLally
January 23, 2005, 08:36 PM
I have them on my old Norinco 1911A1.

Love them!

Jim

Judah Ben-Hur
January 24, 2005, 02:10 AM
I have them on a Delta Elite and a Delta Gold Cup. They seem to work ok for me.

HMMurdock
July 19, 2009, 02:26 PM
Old post but I couldn't resist...

I had a pair and the rubber peeled out of the wood after about 3 months of use so I had to trash them. I only bring this up because I loved them until then and I don't know if I just got a defective set.

Has anyone else had this problem? I wouldn't mind giving them another try because they felt great and looked even better. Is this common with a lot of use or did I just have a run of bad luck?

Pack
July 19, 2009, 04:16 PM
Mine have been in service on a non-carry gun (full-size, plain stainless Colt 1991A1) for maybe 10 years now. I've lost one of the little medallions in that time, but that's all.

I really love them. I simply added a set of Wilson Combat hex-head screws/bushings in stainless to keep them planted and aid in removing them.

tex929rr
July 19, 2009, 06:16 PM
I have a set of Pau Ferro finger groove Hogue grips on a Kimber. They look great and are comfortable, although they do not have the grippy feeling that the soft Hogues give you.

They make them in several types of wood

I have Hogue grooved grips on four 1911's, two Sigs, and two revolvers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pachmayr American Legend question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!