Beretta Tomcat

PDA

popeye
January 22, 2005, 10:16 AM
First please refrain from telling me what a jerk I am (at least for buying this gun). Earlier models must have had slide cracking problems? This INOX version has a really wide slide with an ejection cut out. I've had both mini kel tecs and just didn't like em. I do however need a mag finger extention for the 3032, anybody know of a resourse. Part of the attraction of this thing is it's almost as ugly as I am.

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta Tomcat" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mark whiz
January 22, 2005, 04:55 PM
There are not many options available for the Tomcat. For what you're wanting, your best option may be to just get a 10rd mag from Pro-Mag, as it extends about an inch past the grip.

XLMiguel
January 22, 2005, 05:27 PM
I've got a plain blue one, I like it well enough for what it is.. Try the "search" function, this gun has been discussed alot here.

280PLUS
January 22, 2005, 06:45 PM
Some people like the pop up barrel. I had trouble with the slide on mine cutting the web of my hand. Turns out you can't have a "fat" hand with one of these. I traded it for the P32 myself and I'm happy with that..

popeye
January 23, 2005, 11:16 AM
Thanks for replies and info. I've got a 21A in .25 also, I kinda like the tip up barrels. Although in .380 it seems unecessary.

XLMiguel
January 23, 2005, 12:23 PM
I second the 'fat hands' (mine are just big ;) ) comment, I have a nice pair of "RR tracks" on my right hand. I replaced the stock grips with a set of Ajax Black Diamondwood. Aside from being good looking, they have more pronounced palm swells that help me index the pistol a little better to avoid the slide bite and have a better grip in general. Recoil is a bit snappier than one would expect - YMMV

re; tip-up barrels - the recoil springs on those little guys are fairly stiff, and they're a real boon to those with arthrytis or deminished hand strength.

popeye
January 23, 2005, 04:52 PM
Mike: Ajax seems to have Promag magazines. Didn't think about grips when I was on site. I'm gonna look now. Thanks.

Mark whiz
January 23, 2005, 09:04 PM
Popeye.........

Another set of grips to check out are those made by Pearce. They are a wrap around type rubber grip. They fill the hand MUCH better than the stock grips, but don't extend any further than the bottom of the frame. And if you have a newer model Tomcat, it'll take a little Exacto knife surgery on the grip to get it to clear the thumb safety.

Skunkabilly
January 25, 2005, 01:25 AM
You are a jerk.

Next time buy the Titanium model! Although it weighs as much it has the cool factor!

popeye
February 5, 2005, 06:55 PM
I just got around to this post. A jerk eh. At least I'm alcohol free. And cool free also.Titanium robs me of my Super Powers!

If you enjoyed reading about "Beretta Tomcat" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!