Loadyourown.com

PDA

capbuster
January 23, 2005, 09:28 AM
Does anyone know what happen to this forum? Its been off line for over a week. Thanks for any light you can shed on this subject-Cliff

If you enjoyed reading about "Loadyourown.com" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
George S.
January 23, 2005, 12:08 PM
I posted the same question on a number of gun forums about two weeks ago when I tried to bring it up. I had just registered on the loadyourown forum and was finding some very useful information there.

Site hosting can cost money and bandwidth gets expensive when forums get large and popular. I wouldn't be suprised to hear that the owners couldn't keep up with the bills.

capbuster
January 23, 2005, 04:03 PM
Geoge S.,Thankyou for your imput. Before the site was started up, I chatted with the administrator to be. I wish I had retained his eamil address so I could contact him now. He asked if I would consider being a moderator. This was a new experiece for me and I took on the equipment part of the forum. I truly enjoyed the site and the fellow handloaders I got the chance to meet. Fortunatedly we all tend to meet on the other forums and we can continue to share information.

Poodleshooter
January 24, 2005, 05:04 PM
Capbuster: so is it gone for good?
That's a pity. A lot of good folks posted there, such as Ed Harris (Ed's Red). Of course, I have a feeling that many that were over there are also over here under different names (I used the same name).

larryw
January 24, 2005, 06:50 PM
What a pity! That was a tremendous resource for reloaders.

The load data and accumulated knowledge were priceless.

Black Snowman
January 24, 2005, 09:33 PM
Ya, so much good info you didn't even need to post. A search would pretty much find all your answers. It will be missed. :(

The Bushmaster
January 29, 2005, 02:00 PM
CAPBUSTERRRRR and POODLESHOOTERRRRR

Yup...I talked to Steve Ricciardelli and he said the same thing. The site went KaBoom.

The Bushmaster (The One and Only)

larryw
January 29, 2005, 02:17 PM
All in favor of Ricciardelli trying to get his hands on all the info from LoadYourOwn and posting it to Steve's Pages say "aye"

"AYE!"

:D

The Bushmaster
January 29, 2005, 02:19 PM
Careful what you wish for LarryW.

If you enjoyed reading about "Loadyourown.com" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!