Best FFL or gun store in Orlando?

PDA

danosrs
January 23, 2005, 08:36 PM
New to the area and was wondering who has to best prices and also wondering who is best to use as FFL transfer? Might try to do internet purchase of handgun if its not to difficult. Would rather use a local gun retail if price is around 50 to 60 above internet price.

If you enjoyed reading about "Best FFL or gun store in Orlando?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joab
January 23, 2005, 08:45 PM
Buffalo Bill's Shooting Store in Winter Park charges about $20 or $25 for transfers.
They are also an excellant source for CAS type guns.

PACE Outfitters in Altamonte caters more toward LE and has a good selection geared more toward them. Bought a Norinco 1911 for $325

A&N Sports in Sanford is a typical old gun store once you are not considered a new guy, that takes about one visit. they have a great selection and prices on used guns and will order whatever you like.
I bought a Randall 1911 for $450

If you know your guns Park Ave pawn has real good prices on most but go a little overboard on others.

Bought Nork 1911s one for $275 and one for $200.
Also bought an Uberti Cattleman 44-40 for $200 Like New,
a 1860 still in the box an apparently unfird for $70
and an 1858 Remington in the same condition also for $70
I think I bought my like new Winchester 1300 there for $139

Monkeyleg
January 23, 2005, 11:10 PM
Here's a couple that other THR and TFL members mentioned. I don't live in Florida, so I can only go by what THR members say, and what the shop owners say.

East Orange Shooting Sports (http://www.gunshopfinder.com/bytownresults.asp?area=Orlando&ID=4116)

Oak Ridge Gun Range (http://www.gunshopfinder.com/bytownresults.asp?area=Orlando&ID=4118)

If you happen to check out either one, let me know what you think.

joab
January 23, 2005, 11:34 PM
East Orange Shooting Sports
Extremely linited selection of guns on display and accessories, unfriendly sometimes to the point of incompetent service staff.

Gave then a gun to ship for me. After the recipient told me he had not recieved it after a week and a half I called them and it took 30 minutes and 3 staff members to find it, in an unsecured break room off from the range. they acted like I was a jerk for even questioning them then charged double what they said they were going to.

They were a half mile from my apartment I bypassed them to drive 15 to 20 miles to another shop after that.

Oak Ridge Gun Range

Again limited display guns but a knowledgeable staff , if you can get them to wait on you or even acknowledge your presence.

I forgot to add in my first post.

Shhot Straight in Apopka or Casselberry.

Prices are pretty good but not the best. But the staff are knowledgeable , ffriendly and just in general a fun place to group to be around.

MarkDido
January 23, 2005, 11:55 PM
If you don't mind a little bit of a ride, depending where you live....

Take SR50 East, past I-95 until it T's off at Indian River City.

Turn Right

Go about 1/2 mile and look left for a very small strip mall with a gas station. I think it's a Citgo.

In the corner of the strip mall is Indian River Sportsman, It's a little mom and pop shop that has guns, bait and tackle and a chocolate Lab named Hershey.

Very nice folks. Limited supply of guns, but the prices are reasonable and they can order what you want. I'm not sure what they charge for transfer fees.

I've been to East Orange, Oak Ridge and Reig's, but I prefer doing business with Indian River.

Heck, they even sent me a Christmas card and a calendar!

Monkeyleg
January 24, 2005, 06:12 PM
Joab, I'm sorry to hear about your experiences with East Orange and Oak Ridge. They were both stores that were mentioned in one of my "good gun shops in (insert state here)?" threads.

joab
January 24, 2005, 07:31 PM
Both of those shops have good ranges, that seems to be what they are concentrating on these days.
Rieg's customer service is lacking but their instructors and services in that department are great

Other than the range at East Orange , and then only if there are no other options, I don't do business with their indifferent and surly counter staff.

the others I recommended are old time gun shops where you can go in a sit for awhile or just hang out and feel welcomed. Although the new Shoot Straight Apopka does have a little more of a corporate feel than the others, still a good shop but they just don't have the jaw time the others do

If you enjoyed reading about "Best FFL or gun store in Orlando?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!