Glock. The PERFECT defensive weapon.

PDA

Black Majik
January 23, 2005, 10:08 PM
I should start by saying I'm a 1911 shooter.

So yesterday, a few of us from THR and 1911forum got together for a shoot. This was my first time bringing out and shooting my Glock 23, and this is my first Glock.

I started out using my Colt Government w. Marvel .22 conversion to start off the shoot. Then went to the Kimber for a nice ragged hole.

So, I figured I was ready to try out my newly acquired Glock.

I aimed, concentrated and squeezed off the round. Aimed at the COM (sillhouette target) and hit the top of the bullseye . After I fired off the whole magazine, there were many holes, none touching each other all peppered over the "bullseye".

Damn I thought, I suck at shooting this gun. Then I thought. "Combat accuracy."

There I realized: " Many holes are better than 1 big hole. The Glock is perfect as a defensive weapon." :D

::end sarcasm::

Damn I gotta practice shooting this thing :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock. The PERFECT defensive weapon." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Kevlarman
January 23, 2005, 11:02 PM
Or maybe your weak girly arms are no match for the fearsome snap of a .40S&W?
:p

Advantage Arms make a cool .22 conversion if you want to practice with the Glock trigger cheaply. Have one for my G30, and it's great!

Edmond
January 23, 2005, 11:42 PM
Well, you do have to disperse the defensive rounds throughout the whole body to be effective. :neener: Kind of like in the movies where they drop off one guy at each enemy base and they meet up in the middle. ;)

ZeroX
January 23, 2005, 11:57 PM
But theys so ugly! :neener:

Lt. G
January 24, 2005, 01:04 AM
But ugly is okay as long as it's deadly!!!! LOL

BamBam-31
January 24, 2005, 03:36 AM
Glocks aren't ugly, they're....well, utilitarian. Okay, maybe they're a bit cosmetically challenged, especially when you lay one up next to a 1911 or BHP, but they are what they are. Glock triggers take a little getting used to, especially if you're coming from the 1911. One good thing about Glocks is that you can dry fire them all day long. Try that for a while and see if it helps.

Oh, and I was there. You weren't shooting THAT bad with it. ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock. The PERFECT defensive weapon." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!