Law Student Second Amendment Advocates

PDA

pittspilot
March 6, 2003, 12:07 AM
Hi All

Well, we have started our chapter of the LSSAA at UC Davis Law School this week.

I hope to use the school's muscle to do some good things. I have some excellent ideas. However, as normal we are short of funding.

Could someone please direct me to an organization that may be interested in helping us get a little funding so that we can bring in speakers and the like?

Thanks

Tim

If you enjoyed reading about "Law Student Second Amendment Advocates" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cuchulainn
March 6, 2003, 10:50 AM
There is a group called Students for The Second Amendment: http://www.sf2a.org/

I know very little about them, but a brief look at their pages shows people under their "officers" link and "advisory board" link that might provide people who can give you advice.

As well, I recently heard that George Mason University in Fairfax Virginia has endowed a "Second Amendment Professorship" or something like that. I bet that with a little online research, you could find some people at GMU that could give you advice. GMU has been in the vanguard of 2nd Amt Scholarship -- Steven Halbrook, for example, teaches (or taught) there, and your organization should be aware of what they are doing anyhow.

Sorry that I can only give you tips rather than actual contacts.

If you enjoyed reading about "Law Student Second Amendment Advocates" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!