Bulk .45 bullet sources?

PDA

Trigger
January 25, 2005, 02:18 PM
I'm looking for a source for 230gr. full metal jackets for .45 ACP in bulk. Any low cost suppliers available?

If you enjoyed reading about "Bulk .45 bullet sources?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
taliv
January 25, 2005, 04:03 PM
define "bulk"

LeonCarr
January 25, 2005, 04:05 PM
Zero Bullets www.rozedist.com

Just my .02,
LeonCarr

Trigger
January 25, 2005, 04:09 PM
"Bulk"= 1-6k.

Ankeny
January 25, 2005, 04:56 PM
Zero or Montana Gold.

nbkky71
January 25, 2005, 04:57 PM
I've bought a lot of bullets from TandT reloading in the past. No problems with them.

http://www14.inetba.com/tandtreloading/productCat4435.ctlg

JoeHatley
January 25, 2005, 06:04 PM
www.powdervalleyinc.com

Joe

Tory
January 25, 2005, 06:22 PM
http://www.ghostholster.com/

CTI1USNRET
January 25, 2005, 09:47 PM
Try Bear Creek for moly lead bullets

"Purchases Of $70.00 Or More...We Pay The Shipping... (UPS Ground or US Mail...To The Lower 48)"

"You may mix & match bullets to achieve the $70.00 total."

45ACP 230 gr RN

$29.00/500

http://www.pathfindersports.com/p/pathfindersports/default.asp?S=E3&Document=Bear+Creek&NID=19588

or

go to MidwayUSA, for Magtech Bullets 230 gr FMJ

$78.49 fo 1,000

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/710453

taliv
January 26, 2005, 12:24 AM
i buy these (http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/127870) from midwayusa

Winchester Bullets 45 Caliber (451 Diameter) 230 Grain Full Metal Jacket Box of 1000
Our Price: $59.67

you may have to wait for them (i have been buying them out every time they get them in stock :) )

but they shoot very well. hard to beat name-brand bullets for $60/1000.

occasionally, you can get better prices if you get one of their special discount deals.

45auto
January 27, 2005, 11:23 AM
Anyone know if those moly type bullets are considered "lead free" so to speak? Meaning the 'coating' stays on down the bbl so no lead in the air?

alex-v.
January 28, 2005, 01:47 PM
No, the moly coated bullets do not count as being lead free. But then, neither do most of the jacketed bullets. They will have a lead core exposed in the base (some of the Winchester Lead Free ammo) or exposed lead in the nose. When the bullet smacks into the backstop it breaks up and produces small particles of lead.

Unless a person is going to stay on an indoor range with poor ventilation for about 15 hours a week it is highly unlikely that they will suffer from lead poisoning.

The Bushmaster
January 29, 2005, 07:38 PM
Midwayusa.com

mattjoe
January 30, 2005, 09:34 PM
i buy Excel lead cast Copper Clad bullets from Beikerch.
They are totally copper clad, so you dont have the base exposed.
You're not going to be pushing them at speeds that are going to tear the copper clad jacket off by centrifugal force, you're shooting 230 grain!
price is about $42/thousand
almost same price as lead, no smoke, no leading up of your gun. Can't go wrong at that price

TonyT
January 31, 2005, 04:56 PM
Try Star Bullets of Indianapolis, IN before they go out of business (opwner retiring). They make a fine bullet at a reasonable price.
Tony

ocabj
January 31, 2005, 06:00 PM
If you're not shooting cast bullets, the primary lead exposure will be from the primer.

alex-v.
January 31, 2005, 06:53 PM
Excel lead cast Copper Clad bullets from Beikerch
Does anyone have a dealers web site, or the site for the manufacturer.

Black Snowman
January 31, 2005, 07:03 PM
www.grafs.com carries most major brands and will wheel and deal on larger orders.

Trigger
January 31, 2005, 07:58 PM
Thanks for your help everyone!

mattjoe
February 3, 2005, 10:16 PM
Beikirch's Ammunition Corp
930 West Linden Avenue
Eash Rochester, NY 14445-1408
(716) 248-3660

Dont think they have a website.
They are a pretty local distributor to the Northeast I think, dont know where else they deliver to, and I know there is a minimum order, i think it's around $1000
We pool our orders and order every month at our gun club.

BroncoGlenn
February 4, 2005, 07:27 AM
Armscor has bulk bullets. I'd get mine in 1k round boxes. Can't remember the cost, but they were very reasonable. A lot of the folks that I shot with in Vegas used them and is how I got turned on to them. Of course my notebook is at home, but I recall they had pretty good consistency between rounds. IIRC I posted a message at 1911forum.com about a number that I sampled across the scale.

Armscor has an office in Vegas you may be able to get the number from directory assistance (area code 702).

gigmike
February 4, 2005, 11:03 AM
Rainier Ballistics will sell direct to consumer if you order a minimum of 35,000. These are all copper platted bullets and you can mix and match. I checked it out and its about $1,900 for .451 230gr TMJ. Perhaps you can put a few guys together and all benefit from the savings. www.rainierballistics.com

Paul "Fitz" Jones
February 4, 2005, 03:27 PM
The post office has some new priority mail boxes for $7.70 shipping with no weight limit in two sizes one for garments and large flat items and the other rectangular for books to take business away from UPS. Many of us have heavy items to ship and I have hundreds of pounds of cast Ca-Saeco bullets unlubed from demonstrating 2,400 bullets per hour BulletMaster machines now Magma company that I want to ship out and they are linotype alloy Saeco #7 on Saeco scale of ten. When the free Post office boxes arrive delivered free to my home in packs of 25 I will see how many weight and bullets a box will hold and taping for extra strength is allowed.

They will be great for shipping molds, brass reloading dies, solder etc. I have many boxes of jacketed bullets too and I will see how strong the PO boxes are made and report here.

They began just before christmas and Quantrill of the list just informed me about them. They can be a boon to all of who wish to ship heavy items without a scale being needed. My bathroom scale upsets my wife. Smile

Tory
February 4, 2005, 05:39 PM
I just received 2,000 bullets from my MAILPERSON! Poor woman was trudging up my driveway with 36 POUNDS of JHPs in that flat-rate carton. This could kick the heck out of UPS and FedEx, from which I usually receive such shipments.

Maybe some of those shipping costs from our supplies will reflect this savings!

g56
February 8, 2005, 01:46 AM
I just received 2,000 bullets from my MAILPERSON! Poor woman was trudging up my driveway with 36 POUNDS of JHPs in that flat-rate carton. This could kick the heck out of UPS and FedEx, from which I usually receive such shipments.
Rumor has it your MAILPERSON just went POSTAL and put out a hit on you! :what:

Paul "Fitz" Jones
February 10, 2005, 02:58 AM
I have been asked the question if a GI .50 caliber ammo can can fit in the rectangular box with the handle showing so 50 pounds of bullets could be sent. I will receive my 25 each boxes shortly and it says the boxes cannot be expanded but it seems the mailman or woman might appreciate a GI Box handle as long as it is still inside the box but can be pulled out by a piece of string?

I guess I could reinforce the inside of the box but I would appreciate some report here of shooters who are receiving bullets in the boxes and how strong they are and if taped or reinforced at all.

Thanks John Paul

Master Blaster
February 10, 2005, 10:23 AM
Two weeks ago I recieved a box containing 2000 158 gr LSWC .357 bullets from PENN Bullet. It was the $9.50 post office priority mail special (not sure about the 7.50 version) the box was strong enough to hold 4 smaller boxes each with 500 LSWC in them and some news paper padding; weight 45 lbs . UPS would cost $19.75 for the same shipment. The gent at penn bullet said they can fit 2000 LSWC .452 bullets in there also (weight 65 lbs) I'm not sure what the weight limit is for the box. But my 5'2" 150lb 50 year old mail person could not lift the box to carry it to my door step ;) (it was icy in the street). So I got a note saying to pick it up at the post office the next morning.

BroncoGlenn
February 12, 2005, 02:53 PM
I just had a good laugh when I started thinking about what a mess it would be to have one of those boxes bust open inside a postal sorting facility and folks chasing down all those bullets before they jammed up some machine.

Paul "Fitz" Jones
February 13, 2005, 01:58 AM
My 50 cal ammo can is too tall. Trying to put it in sideways the lid and latch section was too big but I have been shipping Navy .45acp brass cleaned and inspected by my scouts as a fund raiser and they are sorted GI by maker and date in to my new fitz 50 hole ammo boxes and 1,000 brass in 20 Fitz boxes fit perfectly so monday I will make my first shipment of two PO boxes each containing 1,000 WCC71 brass. My scouts did this in the 1970's

Just in case I put each five Fitz boxes in a plastic shopping bag twisted tight and reinforced all the sides and corners of the box with tape.

I advised my PO clerk that I would bring some heavy boxes that I cannot pick up with my bad back and he said he would come out to my truck with a cart to get them.

We also have an PO automated postal machine and I was shown how to use it and can place the $7.70 in stamps on my box as my boxes are too heavy for the machine and just ask the machine for the insurance I desire.

So I can get a supply of insurance stamps and start figuring how to ship my bulk unlubed Saeco .45 068 bullets with lots of reinforcing inside the PO box. It will be an experience of slapping the $7.70 stamps and the insurance stamp and ask the mailman to get them at the post office or even at your front door I think.

We shall see and report.

HKGuns
February 22, 2005, 12:49 AM
Try Cablela's online store. They have reasonably priced Ranier bullets 230gr total copper jacketed bullets at a pretty reasonable price. ($29.99 / 500)

Link (http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jhtml?id=0003161210945a&type=product&cmCat=search&returnString=hasJS=true&_D%3AhasJS=+&QueryText=Ranier+Bullet&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jhtml.22&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&N=4887&Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&Ntt=Ranier+Bullet&noImage=0&returnPage=search-results1.jhtml)

If you enjoyed reading about "Bulk .45 bullet sources?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!