Report: Taliban John Attacked in Prison

PDA

2dogs
March 6, 2003, 11:33 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,80429,00.html

VICTORVILLE, Calif. — John Walker Lindh, the "American Taliban" who is serving a 20-year sentence in federal prison, may have been attacked behind bars by one or more white supremacists in this desert community northeast of Los Angeles, it was reported Thursday.

FBI officials said they have been alerted and do not know if Lindh, 21, had been injured.

"I can confirm there was an incident regarding Lindh Monday night," FBI spokeswoman Laura Bosley told the San Bernardino Sun. "There was a report that Lindh was assaulted by another inmate but I cannot disclose any details beyond that."

George Harris, an attorney with the San Francisco firm that represents Lindh, said he was not aware of any incident regarding his client and was concerned for his safety.

"I don't know anything about an attack," Harris said. "We would be concerned if my client would be in danger."

Federal Bureau of Prisons spokesman Dan Dunne told the newspaper that the agency does not release information about inmates unless a crime has been committed within prison walls that is prosecutable.

"Walker Lindh remains safely housed at Victorville," Dunne said. "He's being housed there in a unit that is consistent with security needs."

Lindh, his parents and his legal representatives are under a gag order as a condition of his plea bargain and are barred from talking to the media, Dunne said.

Calls left for the FBI and the Federal Bureau of Prisons were not immediately returned early Thursday.

Lindh arrived at the medium-security facility in January, under guard by federal marshals. He had been held at a federal lockup in Virginia and was moved to be closer to his parents, who live in Northern California.

He was sentenced to 20 years in prison last October after pleading guilty to supplying services to the Taliban during the war in Afghanistan and carrying explosives in commission of a felony. Lindh was in the vicinity of a prison uprising where CIA agent Johnny "Mike" Spann was killed, but authorities decided not to prosecute him in connection with the slaying.

Lindh was placed in general population last month at the request of his attorneys and was working as an orderly cleaning indoors where guards could watch him closely, an anonymous source told the newspaper. Lindh had been in special housing similar to solitary confinement for his protection since Monday, the source said.

The prison has more than 1,650 inmates and 362 full-time employees. A high-security penitentiary and a second medium-secuirty prison are under construction on the site.

If you enjoyed reading about "Report: Taliban John Attacked in Prison" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
thumbtack
March 6, 2003, 11:37 AM
Lindh was placed in general population last month at the request of his attorneys

I bet that will change now.

XLMiguel
March 6, 2003, 11:41 AM
Just heard on Fox News that our favorite 'Murrican Taliban got a whuppin' from some white supremicists and has been placed in solitary 'for his own protection'.:D

If this weren't THR, I'd consider opening a pool to see how long he lasts. Good to know even American criminals a patriotic (of a sort).

NewShooter78
March 6, 2003, 11:47 AM
I'd like to see how long any of the taliban and Al-Quiada would last in an American Prison. In fact, if they ever do catch Osama, they should send him on down here to Angola State Prison. I don't think he'd make it a week.

4v50 Gary
March 6, 2003, 11:47 AM
I can see his parents making $ when he gets killed in prison.

Blackhawk
March 6, 2003, 11:49 AM
Saw a documentary on San Quentin prison on the old man's channel (THC) last night. The segment covering WWII is on point. The prisoners did laundry for the Fleet, built boats, etc. One of them said something like, "Just because we're convicts doesn't mean we're not Americans."

John Walker Lindh does not have a long and bright future. :neener:

Leatherneck
March 6, 2003, 11:53 AM
I can see his parents making $ when he gets killed in prison. So help me, if those irresponsible people so much as whimper, I'm gonna go out there and slap them silly! :fire:

TC
TFL Survivor

Mastrogiacomo
March 6, 2003, 12:00 PM
Too bad he didn't give this much attention to the Americans he fired upon...:fire:

spacemanspiff
March 6, 2003, 12:01 PM
*but, but, but, he was such a GOOD boy, he wouldnt harm a fly (with anything less than a high explosive)*

mack
March 6, 2003, 12:05 PM
"on the old man's channel (THC)"

Ouch - that hurt.

Leatherneck
March 6, 2003, 12:06 PM
I can see his parents making $ when he gets killed in prison. So help me, if those irresponsible people so much as whimper, I'm gonna go out there and slap them silly! :fire:

TC
TFL Survivor

Blackhawk
March 6, 2003, 12:28 PM
It's a term of affection and endearment. :D

M1911
March 6, 2003, 12:36 PM
John Walker Lindh, the "American Taliban" who is serving a 20-year sentence in federal prison, may have been attacked behind bars by one or more white supremacists in this desert community northeast of Los Angeles, it was reported Thursday.Now isn't that just a cryin' shame:rolleyes:

spacemanspiff
March 6, 2003, 12:37 PM
aww, those supremacists probably are upset that OZ is finished.

2dogs
March 6, 2003, 12:41 PM
those supremacists

Hey, they can try all they want- but their good deeds won't make them any more likeable.:neener:

Blackhawk
March 6, 2003, 12:54 PM
See what's happening? In his case, execution would have been the merciful punishment. :rolleyes:

Jack19
March 6, 2003, 01:12 PM
Hey, even criminals have their standards. Just because they're felons, doesn't mean they're not patriotic.

OF
March 6, 2003, 01:13 PM
Well what do ya know, white supremecists are good for something after all.

- Gabe :p

AZTOY
March 6, 2003, 01:17 PM
Taliban John Attacked in Prison

GOOD:D

I also hope John becomes a inmate's girl freind!!:neener:

spacemanspiff
March 6, 2003, 01:25 PM
wasnt he already a 'girlfriend' to some taliban fighter? or was that just a lie? maybe he WANTS to be bubbas prag?

scottgun
March 6, 2003, 01:33 PM
HA HA HA
I hope this serves as a lesson for all the other young teens in America who have aspirations of going to Afghanistan to join the Taliban.

Leatherneck
March 6, 2003, 01:35 PM
"Hey, here's an idea: let's put Johnny out in general Population!"
:rolleyes: :D

TC
TFL Survivor

jmbg29
March 6, 2003, 01:38 PM
A death-cult nut gets attacked by a white supremacist.

And the bleeding heart liberals say that America isn't diverse!

:p :neener: :evil:

Anybody got a shiv they could lend out to the uberboob?:rolleyes:

2dogs
March 6, 2003, 01:39 PM
"Come, Mr. Taliban, tally me banana..............................day oh, day uh oh"

Kinda gives it a different meaning, eh?:D :neener:

Sorry.:o

foghornl
March 6, 2003, 02:43 PM
Gotta kinda wonder how long OBL or Jihad Johnny would last chopping cotton, hoeing beans, etc down in a couple of places like Parchmann, MS, or the Tucker unit in Arkansas. I hear the Texas prisons aren't all that "inmate friendly", either. Don't know about other states prisons, but those I mentioned are some mean places.

foghornl
March 6, 2003, 02:47 PM
I'm gonna go out there and slap them silly!
Unfortuneately, to slap them silly would require "negative hits", sorta like un-ringing a bell. Buit your point is well-taken. And I wanna buy a ticket for that.

El Tejon
March 6, 2003, 02:51 PM
Blackhawk, THC="The Hitler Channel"

Why would white uberhicks attack Jihad Johnny? Wouldn't they be on the same side in hating America?

Sergeant Bob
March 6, 2003, 03:24 PM
may have been attacked behind bars by one or more white supremacists
Do they honestly think the only people who would beat the crap out of Johnny Jihad are "White Supremacists"?

alan
March 6, 2003, 03:38 PM
Amazing how patriotic or moral violent criminals sometimes become,, isn't it?

10-Ring
March 6, 2003, 03:47 PM
So he was attacked & beaten...is there a problem?

Phyphor
March 6, 2003, 04:12 PM
Yea, he's breathing my oxygen.:evil:

Peetmoss
March 6, 2003, 05:02 PM
It's nice to see some of our wrongly accused and convicted citizens :D showing some national pride. It's just to bad they didn't kill him. Better luck next time guys.

CZ-75
March 6, 2003, 05:06 PM
wasnt he already a 'girlfriend' to some taliban fighter?

Not one, but TWO of them.

The slut! :D

MitchSchaft
March 6, 2003, 05:45 PM
Since when are white supremecists anti-American?

Ledbetter
March 6, 2003, 06:03 PM
MitchShaft is on the right track. They only hate SOME Americans.

MitchSchaft
March 6, 2003, 06:05 PM
They hate Americans that aren't anglo Christians I think, lol. That's most Americans.

seeker_two
March 6, 2003, 06:08 PM
John Walker Lindh, the "American Taliban" who is serving a 20-year sentence in federal prison, may have been attacked behind bars by one or more white supremacists in this desert community northeast of Los Angeles, it was reported Thursday.

I see pardons in somebody's future...:evil:

jsalcedo
March 6, 2003, 06:35 PM
Yeah reports say he was "taken" by two older muslim teachers
/ mentors. From what I understand, total submission is one way
to gain access to an islamic inner circle

I hope John Walker Lindh gets the same thing Jeffery Dahlmer got.

El Tejon
March 6, 2003, 07:52 PM
Mitch, white supremacists have been anti-American since before Nathan Bedford put on his first bedsheet. You think these guys would pat Jihad Johnny on the back for fighting against the ZOG. Johnny actually did something besides sit around and eat and wear cammies to the gun shoppe.

Granted they are not the sharpest knives in the drawer, so they may be a might confused. However, the comic books that pass as their literature all drip with hatred for America.

Mizzoutiger
March 6, 2003, 08:44 PM
I think Jsalcedo hit it on the head.

I'm no anti-death penalty type of guy, but in some cases i think life in prison is more my defintion of justice. Keeping the Dahmer case in mind, that fool was raped and shanked in prison. Much better than putting these scumbags to sleep like your pet dog.

With any luck, the type of treatment Mr. Johnny "I sure got a pretty mouth" Walker has been receiving will continue on till the day he meets his maker.

LawDog
March 6, 2003, 08:51 PM
Multiple threads merged.

LawDog

Waitone
March 6, 2003, 09:08 PM
He will repeatedly slip on bars of soap.

Standing Wolf
March 6, 2003, 09:46 PM
Doesn't sound like the Boy Scout camps I went to!

twoblink
March 6, 2003, 09:52 PM
I hope this was just information and not an attempt to elicit sympathy from me..

Because I have none for him!!

Bastard, there's a special place in hell for people like him...

He'll be surrounded by 72 virgins, all with chastity belts on and the keys thrown away!!

Butch
March 6, 2003, 10:31 PM
BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/avatar.php?userid=1751&dateline=1031788408

El Rojo
March 6, 2003, 11:44 PM
He isn't going to have a hard time in prison. All he has to do is what is called "PC up". That means protective custody. All inmates can do it if they want. He simply goes to the SHU (special housing unit...aka The Hole) and serves the rest of his sentence there. A room all to himself with maybe one roommate. He might even get TV. He still gets access to the courts, to books, to the newspaper.

I never understood the big deal behind John Walker Lindh. We all tout what a free country is. He had a choice, he went to the other side. I don't consider him a traitor. Just because he was born here doesn't necessarily make him one of us. He made his choice, I wonder why we treated him any differently. Why isn't he being treated like all of the other Taliban in Afghanistan? I just find it hard to accept that this is a free country, but you cannot make a decision to leave it. I mean we have heard from numerous people on these boards, "America, if you don't like it, leave it." That is what he did!!! :what: Now he is in prison for it? Just doesn't make sense to me. Now we are going to spend something like 20-30K a year for the next 20 years to have him sit around in prison. Yeah we really won that battle didn't we? :banghead:

jsalcedo
March 7, 2003, 12:05 AM
He joined an army of terrorists that is bent on the destruction of the US.

Its not like he went to France and became a mime.

jmbg29
March 7, 2003, 02:11 AM
He made his choice, I wonder why we treated him any differently.Lots of people leave this country. Nearly all come crawling back. Almost none of those that leave join a death-cult in order to help said cult to kill us.

He should have been shot the moment he was flooded out of his rat-hole. Since that didn't happen, maybe we can count on Herr Obergruppenfuhrer von Trailer Park to fracture his skull.:fire: :fire: :fire: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

10-Ring
March 7, 2003, 11:18 AM
Just heard on the news that he was punched one time by one other inmate...now I'm thinking that should be just a normal occurance for TJ (Taliban John) like the bullies in private school taking his espresso money in school.

XLMiguel
March 7, 2003, 06:02 PM
(in best Spock voice) "Fascinating."

I don't know what kind of abuse this twerp needs to 'see the light', but I hope he isn't killed just out of gross spite.

Actually, it's his stupid parents that need some of the whuppin', as they've clearly failed in their responsibilities to educate the kid.

If he can stand up for himself and earn some respect, more power to him (yeah, right), but he needs to be put away until his 'sins' can be properly accessed in context.

If you enjoyed reading about "Report: Taliban John Attacked in Prison" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!