Anybody have expierience w/an AR type pistol?

PDA

41mag
January 28, 2005, 09:42 AM
For some reason,after seeing a guy @ the range w/one,I've an urge to get one of these.I've seen them listed w/multiple barrel lenghts available & also in 7.62 x 39.

I almost think that (in .223 configuration) w/a Beta-C mag you could park it on the dining room table & call it a piece of industrial art.LOL.

Anyways,waste of money?Barrel too short to stabilize factory ammo?Other thoughts?

:evil:

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody have expierience w/an AR type pistol?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hawkmoon
January 28, 2005, 10:49 AM
What do you intend to use it for?

The problem with the barrel length isn't stabilizing the bullet. The problem is velocity. Even the M4 carbines have been shown to NOT provide sufficient velocity with a 62 grain bullet to cause the bullet to tumble or fragment properly on impact. The round was designed for the standard M16 barrel length and doesn't work out of shorter barrels. This is a prime reason why the military is looking at chambering the M16/M4 in larger calibers.

If you enjoyed reading about "Anybody have expierience w/an AR type pistol?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!