Isreal radio reports

PDA

Ol' Badger
March 6, 2003, 03:12 PM
something about the capture of Osama!! Has anyone else heard anything on this???

If you enjoyed reading about "Isreal radio reports" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mark D
March 6, 2003, 03:18 PM
BBC is saying the same thing.

geekWithA.45
March 6, 2003, 03:21 PM
If true, I will dance in the streets.

If true, we should all dance in the streets, and take tomorrow off to keep dancing.

And fire guns, safely into backstops.

All to a really loud, decadent sound track.

bogie
March 6, 2003, 03:27 PM
Doesn't mean much, even if it _is_ true.

If he's captured, he becomes a martyr to the cause, and an excuse for folks to commit acts in an attempt to have him sprung.

If he's dead, he's a martyr. And an excuse for folks to commit acts. Period.

It's a lose-lose situation, and the only folks who will really benefit will be the politicians who'll be patting each other on the back.

mrsMTN
March 6, 2003, 03:29 PM
Apparently the newly arrested sheik (mr. ugly) told them where bin Laden is currently living and that he's alive and well. But then it came out that he also told some interrogators that he's dead. So....

Spackler
March 6, 2003, 03:33 PM
If he's captured, he becomes a martyr to the cause, and an excuse for folks to commit acts in an attempt to have him sprung.

If he's dead, he's a martyr. And an excuse for folks to commit acts. Period.

So, is it better that he's on the loose? Or is that also a losing situation? Does that make this a lose-lose-lose scenario?

Sorry, but I think that's crazy.

The White House is denying these reports, by the way.

KMKeller
March 6, 2003, 03:34 PM
I'm trying to verify but can't

blades67
March 6, 2003, 03:39 PM
I like Isreal's response to suicide bomber's. After they identify the bomber they destroy the home(s) of the murder's family. I think they should take out the whole family, but they haven't asked me.

The U.S. should take a similar action with the 11SEP01 murders and stop pretending the Saudi's are our friends. Again, they haven't asked me.

gun-fucious
March 6, 2003, 03:43 PM
found this:
Bush expected to announce capture of Bin Laden

By THE JERUSALEM POST INTERNET STAFF

According to Israel Radio, US President Bush is expected to announce the capture of arch-terrorist Osama Bin Laden.

An intelligence official in Islamabad, Pakistan, said that US and Pakistani intelligence agencies are tightening the noose around Bin Laden's hideout, which is believed to be in the Baluchistan province of Pakistan on the border with Iran.

Bush is expected to give a speech from the White House at 03:00 Israel time.

>>>>>

From Reuters:

President George W. Bush has a news conference scheduled for Thursday night to discuss his determination to disarm Iraq in the face of staunch opposition from France, Russia and Germany.

Major market gauges fell near session lows, losing ground after a mid-morning rally that brought them near the unchanged mark. Some traders pinned the brief spike on rumors that Bush would announce al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden had been

gun-fucious
March 6, 2003, 03:48 PM
www.drudgereport.com/

BBC: White House denied rumors circulating in Washington that it's about to announce capture of Bin Laden...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/2825653.stm

JERUSALEM POST CLAIMS: Bush expected to announce capture of Bin Laden.... 'According to Israel Radio, US President Bush is expected to announce the capture of arch-terrorist Osama Bin Laden'...
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/P/FrontPage/FrontPage&cid=1002116796299

site is getting pounded:
Bush expected to announce progress in Bin Laden hunt (UPDATE)
By THE JERUSALEM POST INTERNET STAFFAdvertisement

According to Israel Radio, US President Bush is expected to announce significant progress in the hunt for arch-terrorist Osama Bin Laden.

Media reports worldwide carried rumors that Bush was expected to announce Bin Laden's capture, but White House Spokesman, Ari Fleischer, was quoted as saying that President Bush was not going to announce that the terrorist had been captured.

Bush is expected to give a speech from the White House at 03:00 Israel time.

An intelligence official in Islamabad, Pakistan, said that US and Pakistani intelligence agencies are tightening the noose around Bin Laden's hideout, which is believed to be in the Baluchistan province of Pakistan on the border with Iran.

Peetmoss
March 6, 2003, 04:29 PM
If it was his hideout it isn't anymore. Everyone told him we were coming.

Airwolf
March 6, 2003, 04:45 PM
http://www.paktribune.com/news/index.php?id=18279

Osama arrested near Pak-Afghan border area?
Friday March 07, 2003 (0015 PST)

QUETTA, March 07 (Online): The American and local agencies Thursday arrested 9 Al-Qaeda suspects who may include Osama Bin Laden or his son near Shamshi airport near the Pak- Afghan border areas, sources said.

The sources added that the agencies were quite active in search operations for the last two days.

They maintained that at least one "very important" Al-Qaeda man (who may be Osama Bin Laden or his son) was also among the detainees.

The sources suggested that the operation near Chaghi could well be the follow up of reports that arrested Al-Qaeda suspect Sheikh Khalid Mohammed had told investigators about the whereabouts of Osama.

The detained suspect had reportedly told the investigators that Osama had met him in mountainous regions of frontier areas near Balochistan.

Sheikh Khalid along with two other suspects was arrested from Rawalpindi by the agencies. He was later handed over to the United States.

Information Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed when contacted showed ignorance about the incident.
"I don't have any information about this operation. I can't say anything", he told Online.

Presidential spokesman Maj. Gen. Rashid Qureshi also said that he had no knowledge about the incident. "No, nothing. I don't know", he told Online.

The US meanwhile has also put the Jamaat-e-Islami in the watch list suspecting alleged links with Al-Qaeda.
The religious parties in Pakistan, already furious over possibility of US attack on Iraq, have shown strong reaction to the arrest of Sheikh Khalid Mohammed and others.

The Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal led by Maulana Shah Ahmed Noorani vows to fight the "aggressor" US until the end.

Schuey2002
March 6, 2003, 05:35 PM
I'll believe it when I seez da' evidence.;)

Marshall
March 6, 2003, 05:58 PM
What's the latest, I have no access to cable where I am right now?

seeker_two
March 6, 2003, 06:00 PM
Hope they don't announce it. That way they can dump the body in a pig sty somewhere...:evil:

jsalcedo
March 6, 2003, 06:04 PM
Yeah!

Osama went to take a shiite and the hogs ate him!

Schuey2002
March 6, 2003, 06:15 PM
Marshall, there is nuttin' new to report.;)

P95Carry
March 6, 2003, 06:23 PM
Truth or fiction .. what's it matter?? As someone said .... it's ''lose-lose'' anyways .. hell, there's thousands more just like him ..... just so happens his name has been prominent and linked with things.

Catch him, kill him . whatever ... will not reduce any ''terrorist'' threat one bit. Just makes for ''feel-good'' publicity ..... or shall I say ''media hype''.:(

Marshall
March 6, 2003, 06:28 PM
((((((((:-(>

......http://beautifulskins.uhome.net/gun11.gifhttp://beautifulskins.uhome.net/gun18.gifhttp://beautifulskins.uhome.net/gun21.gif

:evil:

Thanks ;)

4v50 Gary
March 6, 2003, 06:34 PM
Concur with Seeker. Better to have Osama "disappear" and before helping him vanish, slaughter a pig and throw its guts into a pit. He goes in after it and is shot knowing that he won't make it to paradise.

Oh, I'm not being cruel but pragmatic like the Romans. We want the pig for a BBQ and as for the disappearance, well, all his sleeper cells will die of old age instead of killing our people.

blades67
March 6, 2003, 06:40 PM
When they do catch hismomma-be-hidin' I hope he falls out of a transport helicopter when trying to "escape".:evil:

Standing Wolf
March 6, 2003, 09:42 PM
I'm sure the A.C.L.U. and Democratic (sic) party are already working on law suits to protect Mr. bin Laden's civil rights from the nefarious predations of the mean Bush administration. </sarcasm>

AZTOY
March 6, 2003, 09:50 PM
Bush didn't say anything about the capture of Bin Laden in his speech from the White House :( :banghead:

Schuey2002
March 6, 2003, 10:02 PM
I know, AZTOY, i too, was hoping that he would say those magic words..."We have captured Osama bin Laden..":( :( ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Isreal radio reports" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!