Minor Fitting Req?

PDA

fishbulb
March 6, 2003, 03:45 PM
I'm trying to replace my Kimber Custom's sights with some three dots from Wilson Combat. Will this require "minor fitting?" If so, what exactly does this mean. I'm ok with tools, but I'm thinking that I don't have the right tools for this kind of work!

Help?

If you enjoyed reading about "Minor Fitting Req?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bountyhunter
March 6, 2003, 07:05 PM
In most cases, you need a sight pusher or else you will trash the slide. In many cases, the slot has to be "adjusted" a bit.

HankL
March 6, 2003, 07:14 PM
fishbulb, It goes like this: Drop In usually requires minor fitting. Minor Fitting Required can imply most anything.

A call to Wilson and Kimber will get you an answer as to the fitting. As bountyhunter said, a sight pusher may be required.

WESHOOT2
March 7, 2003, 01:12 PM
BF hammer, brass rod.

IMNSLE sights might best be left to an actual professional pistolsmith.
I have changed a few, but not always with perfect success.

Your results may vary.

PCRCCW
March 23, 2003, 02:30 PM
Do yourself a favor.....you can use a very fine file to size the sights.....its not hard if you take your time.....
DO NOT file the dovetail at all....you can replace your sights...you cant replace your dovetail....take your time and use a sight pusher.......
Shoot well

Dogsoldier
March 23, 2003, 10:51 PM
minor fitting.......take it to a gunsmith

gunsmith fitting only.......take it to a gunsmith a machineshop

:neener:

Jim Watson
March 23, 2003, 11:46 PM
Drop-in: Take the package from the UPS truck and drop in on your gunsmith.

If you enjoyed reading about "Minor Fitting Req?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!