using a mac for thr is difficult for me

PDA

gunsmith
January 30, 2005, 02:16 PM
I can't seem to insert images or quotes or even use italics etc..
any recomendations?

If you enjoyed reading about "using a mac for thr is difficult for me" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zundfolge
January 30, 2005, 03:01 PM
which OS are you using?
what broswer are you using?

Harry Tuttle
January 30, 2005, 03:34 PM
i can't imagine why you are having issues with typing text code on a mac

publius
January 31, 2005, 07:25 AM
Maybe you could tell us what you're trying? Italics work on my Mac. Bold seems OK too. ;)

mfree
January 31, 2005, 08:00 AM
No difficulty here, I'm pretty much only ever on with 10.3 on a powerbook. I use Safari, even.

Justin
January 31, 2005, 08:30 AM
Stop using a mouse with only one button. :neener:

In all seriousness, are you having problems typing the codes for italics, links, etc. Or are the buttons that allow you to insert them without typing them giving you problems?

tall2tango
January 31, 2005, 12:29 PM
Odd...I'm a Mac 10.3 user and haven't had any issues with text formatting at all. Thus far I've not tried inserting pics, but can't see that would be an issue either.

Gunsnrovers
January 31, 2005, 12:29 PM
Three Macs here. Two using OS10 and Safari. The third uses OS9 and Internet Explorer. No problems.

gunsmith
February 1, 2005, 02:46 AM
like when I click on (say) the big black B or I ,I get that little box but I cant get anything in the little box.
Also to insert photo's -on my old PC I would (right click?) and cut and paste the "properties" but I cant seem to use that. I am using a two button mouse &
I am using a 10.3.4...so I have to start typing in code? how about pics from news stories? how do I get the "properties"?

thanks!

Brick
February 1, 2005, 04:12 AM
Hello everybody.™

With a Mac it's only easier ;)

If you need Bold text, do this: [B ]x[/B ] and remove the spaces.

You have to first click in the JavaScript box before you can type in if unless the insertion point is already blinking.

how about pics from news stories? how do I get the "properties"?

Ya gotta do it like this: If you're using Safari, simply right-click (or Control-click) on the image to open it in a new window (or tabs if you configured that in the Preferences in the Safari menu) and copy the link in the new window. Then slam the icon with the mountain and the sun, and enter the address in. Or you could do it like this: [IMG ]x[/IMG ]

Ya' still gotta tell us wha' browser ya' usin', buddy! :)

tall2tango
February 1, 2005, 11:13 AM
On either Mac or PC, to use Bold, Italic, or Underline tags,
just highlight the text to be tagged and click on the appropriate formatting tag(s). If you want to use more than one tag, as in the prior example, highlight the text again and apply the next formatting tag. The same applies to using a different font, size, or color.

HTH.

gunsmith
February 1, 2005, 12:54 PM
is that the browser?
ok I think I got the italics and the bold thing worked out

I still dont know how to get the photos from news stories to the thr forum?
btw
THANKS

If you enjoyed reading about "using a mac for thr is difficult for me" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!