S&W 1911 Question

PDA

SigLaw
February 1, 2005, 11:23 AM
I bought a fairly early production SW1911. At the time, S&W made a point of letting you now about all the great aftermarket parts that were in the gun (Briley barrel, McCormick this and that). I want to get the 1911Sc or the new full size Sc frame model. S&W is not listing the aftermarket parts anymore, at least that I can find.

Have they gone to cheaper parts or have they decided they no longer need to market the guns that way. Anyone with some insight.

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W 1911 Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JoeHatley
February 1, 2005, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure about all the parts, but I do know they have stopped using Briley barrels once they got geared up to make their own.

Joe

Berg01
February 1, 2005, 05:21 PM
I could be wrong but I think the early SW1911s may have had the Briley spherical bushing, which my newer SW1911 does not. I really like mine regardless.

JoeHatley
February 2, 2005, 12:08 PM
Berg01,

Here's my early SW1911, #362.

http://www.iowatelecom.net/~hatley/sw1911_r.jpg

It does have a Briley barrel and bushing, but the bushing is their solid style rather the the spherical type.

Nice guns...

Joe

yesterdaysyouth
February 2, 2005, 01:10 PM
#383 lives here, i think it's gonna get a new little brother soon enough... the 4" Sc...

Berg01
February 2, 2005, 02:13 PM
JoeHatley;

I stand corrected...thanks for setting me straight...I also agree they are nice guns!

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W 1911 Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!