Enfield pistol grip stock?

PDA

MudPuppy
February 3, 2005, 07:14 PM
I've seen two movies recently on the SciFi channel that had someone armed with what appeared to be an enfield equipped with a pistol grip stock (and, of course, the shoulder stock--not just the grip ala shotgun/riotgun style).

Being the proud new dad of an enfield, it definitely got my curiosity up. Anyone seen any of these?

(The movies were cheesy, one about about a cloned sabre-tooth and one had giant kommodo dragons. Yeah, yeah, I was channel surfing and stopped when I saw the guns.)

If you enjoyed reading about "Enfield pistol grip stock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MrMurphy
February 3, 2005, 07:38 PM
Crocodile Dundee had one in Crocodile Dundee II as well.

Custom stock for a Lee-Enfield, otherwise, nothing special.

KarbineKrazy
February 3, 2005, 08:38 PM
in Croc Dundee II it was a thumbhole I thought...

That was one of my favorite movies when I was 12 years old.

swingset
February 4, 2005, 01:27 AM
I've seen them. They're called "Abominations". :D

Stoker
February 4, 2005, 07:55 AM
Oddly enough, I was thinking about this only the other day.

My wife broke her wrist last year and hasn't regained full mobility, so she finds the small of my No 4 difficult to hold. It looked as though a pistol grip would solve the problem, so if there is one available out there, I'd be glad to know.

pokey074
February 4, 2005, 08:18 AM
Have a friend from South Africa who tells me it's commonplace to mount an R-4 folding stock to the Enfield with an adapter.

threeseven
February 4, 2005, 10:42 AM
Dear God, just don't modify them permanently okay?

I have a serious problem with all the permanent Mosin and Enfield modification that seems to be in vogue these days. 1903s and Krag's used to be common too, you know. Until they were all hacked to pieces.

If you enjoyed reading about "Enfield pistol grip stock?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!