Whitetails in NW Arkansas

PDA

lwsimon
February 4, 2005, 12:47 AM
Went out and shot about 7 whitetails today - unfortunately for my belly, it was with my camera ;P Here's a link to my Wildlife gallery, what do you guys think?

Wildlife (http://www.pbase.com/simonphoto)

More to come, as soon as I get to my PC at home. I shot most of them in camera RAW, only a couple in JPG when I realized I wouldn't be able to show look at .NEF files at work, so here's what you have until I get home to do some converting.

If you enjoyed reading about "Whitetails in NW Arkansas" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sm
February 4, 2005, 01:25 AM
Nice pics!

Saw the thread title and had some really tacky thoughts about a certain type of "critter" that travels a certain "brickyard" in that part of the state.

I can be tacky - I gotta frigging white trash trailer and a submarine in my neck of the "woods" -full of sheeple...

Pretty part of the state for sure!

cougar28
February 6, 2005, 10:19 AM
I thought I had seen those same deer before.I live about 2 miles south of
Monte Ne.Have you seen any big bucks around ? I took a nice 9 point in rifle season and my son took a 7 point.

lwsimon
February 12, 2005, 07:57 AM
There was a VERY large buck hiding back in the brush when I shot those pics. I counted 6 points on the left, but I must stress, it was a BIG buck for only a 12-point. They were in the Corps. of Engineers. park in Monte Ne. I didn't catch the naem of the park, but I turned right at the gate keeper's trailers, and the road was blocked by large rocks. I parked the truck there, and sat behind the gate house until they eased their way out of the woods.

If you enjoyed reading about "Whitetails in NW Arkansas" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!