9mm AP & 45acp AP

PDA

Seven High
February 6, 2005, 04:51 PM
I was reading that the military in Iraq was having issues with the BGs wearing protective vests. Does anyone have any experience with 9mm ap or 45 acp ap rounds? Are they currently being manufactured? Are they issued to the troops in Iraq?

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm AP & 45acp AP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Double Naught Spy
February 6, 2005, 06:56 PM
Soft body armor should not be a problem for the rifle/carbine ammo they are using that has a partial steel core. Heck, it isn't even a problem for regular 5.56 lead core ammo, AK ammo, and the like. So, I don't know why they would be needing AP pistol ammo.

My guess is that if the coalition is having troubles with bad guys who have body armor that the armor quite likely came from coalition forces. I have yet to see any of the bad guys with body armor. That doesn't mean they don't have it, but if they do, either it doesn't make thbe news or they have it well disguised.

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm AP & 45acp AP" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!