Looking strange using CCW while wearing Confederate uniform

PDA

Jacobus Rex
February 6, 2005, 06:35 PM
I always find myself in unusual and interesting situations. Yesterday I left a Civil War reenactment wearing my Confederate uniform and decided to stop by my mother's store to check on her.

To make a long story short. She has been having skunk trouble in her store and I go the chance to put an end to her skunk trouble.

The funny part and the reason I'm posting this is:

Visualize the following -

I'm wearing a Confederate uniform, standing behind a country store in east Texas and shooting a skunk with my CCW. (Colt .380) It was just a strange looking scene!! :)

(One small edit. It was private property owned by my family and perfectly legal to blast skunks on.)

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking strange using CCW while wearing Confederate uniform" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dionysusigma
February 6, 2005, 06:42 PM
However, look at it logically--it'd be a tad... messy... to use a Walker Dragoon .44 on a skunk. And smoky, too. :scrutiny: :p

FPrice
February 6, 2005, 06:45 PM
What is the best anti-skunk CCW piece to carry while wearing your Confederate uniform?

El Tejon
February 6, 2005, 06:56 PM
This thread is worthless without pictures. :D

BondageJaguar
February 6, 2005, 07:07 PM
could have been worse, could have been a skunk in a union uniform!

Wakal
February 6, 2005, 07:53 PM
A skunk in a Union uniform? You repeat yourself....

:neener:

A

dev_null
February 6, 2005, 08:14 PM
Man, wait'll Skunkabilly hears this... :what:

VARifleman
February 6, 2005, 08:17 PM
To echo El Tejon: http://www.regionofdoomforum.com/Upload/./userfiles/schutzenkonig/nopics.bmp

ChopperKen
February 6, 2005, 08:51 PM
Next post
"How do I get skunkjuice out of my clothes?"
Ken

4v50 Gary
February 6, 2005, 09:00 PM
I knew that by 1864 the Corn-feds of the Army of Northern Virginia were pretty well starved, but I didn't know foraging included hunting down skunks for supper. :uhoh: If you're really that hungry, say so. I'll call up the Bent Biscuit Bakery in Maryland and have them send you a hardtack. :barf:

BTW, thanks for sharing that story. How about a pic of Johnny and the skunk? :neener:

Hawkmoon
February 6, 2005, 09:48 PM
What was the CCW gun? Gummint 380, Mustang, Mustang II???

Jacobus Rex
February 6, 2005, 11:13 PM
I really wish I did have photos! It would be pretty funny.

To answer Hawkmoon's question about which pistol. It is a Colt .380 Government. I've customized it with grips and several Cylinder & Slide parts.

http://www.eastex.net/jhendrix/Colt380gov.JPG

Oh, and to help Skunkabilly's feelings. The skunk was a rogue agent and secret terrorist turncoat.

4v50 Gary
February 6, 2005, 11:27 PM
You should add that the skunk rogue agent was also totally untactical.

Gunsnrovers
February 6, 2005, 11:45 PM
you CCW when reenacting?

mustanger98
February 6, 2005, 11:48 PM
You should add that the skunk rogue agent was also totally untactical.

No-no-no, see, skunks have the tactical black coat with the white stripe (unless it's the white variety with the tactical black stripe) and they have that godaweful tactical spray under their tails. :D

Too bad Colt's don't make the .380 Gov't now. It's a good model and probably the best of the world's .380's IMNSHO.

Jacobus Rex
February 6, 2005, 11:59 PM
Gunsnrovers,

I don't carry while doing a battle but I do while traveling to and from the event or if I have to leave to event to get something.

Gunsnrovers
February 7, 2005, 12:12 AM
Just wanted to know. Wasn't sure from the first post. :)

Nice Mustang. I recently inherited it's grandfather, a .380 Colt Hammerless.

critter
February 7, 2005, 09:42 AM
Hay, if I'm gonna shoot a skunk, I want something with a LOT more range than a .380-like a LONG range sniper rifle! PHEEEEEWWWWWW!

M67
February 8, 2005, 07:28 PM
Not quite the same, or maybe it is somewhat similar only the other way 'round.

A new year's eve a couple of years ago I got a few wide eyed looks as I pulled out a gun to salute the new year. Not because of the gun, rather because no one had seen that I had a gun. I was wearing a dark suit and tie, no coat. The gun was a Walker Colt. :D

Zach S
February 9, 2005, 08:41 AM
You've got some brass downstairs, thats for sure. I'd probably be thinking along the lines of "HA! He's in range, OH S! IF HE'S IN RANGE, SO AM I!!!"

Definately a job for a rifle.

yorec
February 9, 2005, 11:02 AM
A Colt .380's got plenty more range than a skunk... You guys insisting on rifles don't need more gun, just more practice. On the other hand, use your rifle until the handgun practice takes hold - that or stand downwind o' me... :uhoh:

After the shot were there many stares? Unless you asked what they were lookin' at (unfortunatly unlikely) we'll never know if it was the skunk, the shot, or the uniform. :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking strange using CCW while wearing Confederate uniform" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!