interesting

PDA

WEPS
February 7, 2005, 01:26 AM
After bouncing around numerous forums for awhile, this is what i have found about different firearms enthusiast.

1911- Die hard, hates everything plastic. Deep seated belief that 1911's are superior and reliable after a few trips to the smithy.Spends more time fixing their weapons than they do shooting it. Often knows gun smith on first name bases, probley knows his home phone an address too. Secretly they all own and carry Glocks

SIG- Always bitter and snooty. spends time trying to figure out why they paid 250.00 more for a gun that could do everything a Glock could do except conceal well and not rust. Spends rest of time justifying it with unfounded claims of better accuracy.

HK- I have no idea what these folks were thinking? I do know they have more money then i do.

CZ- Possibly the most humble of all.

XD- Has no idea it's a Croation pistol. Blinded by the fact that because it has a grip safety it is somewhat more safe and a better pistol because of it. Usually, after they get tired of busting rust they switch to Glocks or fool themsleves into thinking a 1911 will better fit the bill.

Glock- Almost a cult like following. Usually they own more then one model. Almost always own more weapons then any of the other groups because they can afford it. Only goes to the smithy to have night sights installed.

Ruger- Deep down all wanted glocks or sigs but couldn't afford it. Still clinging to the dream that Amercia will take it's head out of it's arse and develop a worthy defence peace.ent pistol followers

If you enjoyed reading about "interesting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
pignock
February 7, 2005, 01:34 AM
Gee, I can't tell, got a favorite? :rolleyes:

crucible
February 7, 2005, 01:42 AM
:rolleyes:

Domino
February 7, 2005, 01:48 AM
Perhaps your conclusions are a bit biased, lets not judge fellow gun owners just on the firearms they own alone OK. I'm not trying to offend anyone but your post seems quite silly and narrow minded, Nuff said.

WEPS
February 7, 2005, 01:51 AM
Oh.... lighten up a little bit for goodness sake. You must have been routing for Philli huh. Oh well.... sorry i struck a nerve.

RyanM
February 7, 2005, 01:52 AM
Glock - people that don't care if their gun blows up.

:D

psyopspec
February 7, 2005, 03:22 AM
I agree with others, your assessment is somewhat shallow. Only reason I'm an HK owner is because they handle well for me and they're the best pistol that can halp me put the holes where I want them to be. I'm a poor college student, had to sell my other guns to start collecting Heckler and Koch pieces. Doubtful that my income is greater than yours.

GaryP
February 7, 2005, 04:50 AM
:evil:
You did not strike a nerve with me but you appear to be attempting to Stir The Pot Somewhat -- What's Your Point? Guns are like cars, folks tend to brag on what they have! -- Human Nature ----

I own many 1911's - Steel frames, Several HK's - Polymer frames, Several Rugers - 1 Polymer frame, 1 Aluminum frame & 2 Steel frames, a Walther - Steel frame, & a Colt 1903 Hammerless - Steel frame.

All have their Pros and Cons, but all go Bang when I squeeze the trigger! :D

Everything else is secondary! :scrutiny:

yorec
February 7, 2005, 05:42 AM
Heh - you forgot the stereotypical Colt snob and the S&W affecianado... :p

cottontoptexan
February 7, 2005, 07:08 AM
Gentlemen,
I guess i will put in my 02 cents. In the gun world there is something for everyone. Buy what you like. I love the trigger on the 1911's and that is one reason i never could get used to a Glock. Just my opinion. They are all pretty reliable firearms these days.

wildehond
February 7, 2005, 07:43 AM
I will probably get kicked of the board for this, but it has to be said. Here at THR we respect each person's decision on his/her handgun.

WEPS, your attitude belongs over at glocktalk.

wildehond

Flashpoint
February 7, 2005, 09:00 AM
For what it's worth WEPS, I thought your post was funny.

BTW, I've owned a SIG a Ruger and a couple of those plasic fantastics called Steyr.

I guess I'm just confused :confused: :D

BluesBear
February 7, 2005, 09:41 AM
Interesting observations.

Perhaps that's why I carry a S&W N-frame revolver. :neener:

SpookyPistolero
February 7, 2005, 09:50 AM
Joke was not ill recieved WEPS, pretty funny.

Spooky

WEPS
February 7, 2005, 09:59 AM
:uhoh: Well i guess people sense of humor just isn't what it use to be.

nero45acp
February 7, 2005, 10:34 AM
I smell a Glockophile, with a hint of troll. :scrutiny:

nero

jonnyc
February 7, 2005, 11:06 AM
Well, I, for one, am hurt and insulted. That discriminatory list excluded the intelligent, attractive, and supremely skilled affectionadoes of the Browning HiPower!!!

WEPS
February 7, 2005, 11:07 AM
Well the truth hurts doesn't it? Calling me troll is just crazy

shermacman
February 7, 2005, 11:53 AM
Thank you for pointing out that WEPS is a Glock-loving troll, a misfit, a man who lost his mortgage money when the Eagles lost. I had no idea that he is a thin-skinned, humorless Communist with a picture of Teddy Kennedy hanging over his bed.

:D

Excuse me, I have to go scrape the rust out of my 1911....

mister2
February 7, 2005, 12:04 PM
You go, WEPS!

Lighten up, guys. Did you trip on the First, and fall face first into the Second Amendment?

Believe it or not, your reactions reflect more on you than on WEPS.

LOL.

MR2

WEPS
February 7, 2005, 12:04 PM
Does it make you feel good to personaly attack me shermacman?? I have never personaly attacked anybody on this bored or have ever insinuated that another member was a troll. You, my Confused little friend have stepped over the line and should be ashamed of yourself.

Rebel Gunman HK
February 7, 2005, 12:21 PM
Got told! :uhoh:

EghtySx
February 7, 2005, 12:36 PM
I think he was joking. Let's not be so sensitive that the humor is lost.

P.S. - I am laughing while typing this.

P.P.S. - I am not a glock fan at all, but funny is funny.

yorec
February 7, 2005, 01:12 PM
Er, lessee... S&W, Ruger, Browning, Colt, Taurus, Astra, Davis, Phoenix Arms, Jennings, Makarov, Hi Standard, Herters, Remington, Uberti, and not a single 1911 in the lot. (Yet)... ;)

Guess the only thing I've got to be offended at is being left out! Lol - :neener:

Oh wait. My Rugers qualify me... Now I feel really bad... :uhoh:

Let me join the beat on Weps bandwagon...
Hey, Weps! Er.... Uh.... You stink.

shermacman
February 7, 2005, 01:13 PM
YIKES!

OK humor is lost, I am sorry! WEPS, please re-read my post. Obviously it didn't come across as funny, but it is NOT SERIOUS! I have no idea if you have a picture of Ted Kennedy over your bed! For what it is worth, I thought your original post was funny and sharp. Sorry this went astray.

nero45acp
February 7, 2005, 03:35 PM
WEPS, I apologize for inferring that you were trolling. That was uncalled for. And for the record, Glocks are excellent (plastic) pistols. :neener:

nero

1911Tuner
February 7, 2005, 03:47 PM
I think Weps just wanted to stir us up a little...Everybody knows how we
1911 nuts get all bent outta shape when somebody hints that a Glock...or H&K or SIG, etc. could be as good as our objects of adoration. (How 'bout them Patriots, by the way...)

Question:

How can you spot the die-hard Glock fans?

Answer:

Well...The've all got powder burns on their hands and thighs...and they limp. :neener:

Tuner<--------Ducks and runs!

R.H. Lee
February 7, 2005, 03:53 PM
Glocks are excellent (plastic) pistols. Now you know very well that ain't just plastic. It's a highly evolved space age polymer. Or sumpthin'

odysseus
February 7, 2005, 03:59 PM
...it's all about the delivery. Sometimes it's not what you say, but how you say it. I think this thread indicates the general perception of it not coming across with the humor it seems you intended. E-messages don't do it right most of the time... even with smilies. :D

saltydog452
February 7, 2005, 04:39 PM
I thought it was funny..At least he didn't pick on my RG 22 Short. Its kinda fun with CB Caps.

salty.

Bill Z
February 7, 2005, 05:28 PM
YIKES!

OK humor is lost, I am sorry! WEPS, please re-read my post. Obviously it didn't come across as funny, but it is NOT SERIOUS! I have no idea if you have a picture of Ted Kennedy over your bed! For what it is worth, I thought your original post was funny and sharp. Sorry this went astray.

Humor was there, I'm afraid he got a little sensitive though. I thought the original post was funny, little one sided, but I found the hint of humor that was intended to be there. Your post was overflowing with humor though.

P.S. WD-40 works well for your problem. ;)

Marshall
February 7, 2005, 05:39 PM
Seeing as how Browning Hi Powers were not bashed, I think it was funny. :neener:

357SIG
February 7, 2005, 11:14 PM
I guess this was supposed to be funny, so I'll edit out my serious post. Carry on...

WEPS
February 8, 2005, 09:51 AM
I just wanted to say sorry everybody. Here i got upset because few saw the humor i my post, and now i have failed to see the humor in yours. uhh... ill be sure to post more carefully next time. Chris

HKGuns
February 8, 2005, 11:37 AM
I'm glad you don't like polymer pistols.

Leaves more HK's for me to buy, no hurt feelings here.

In a World of Compromise, some don't.

Pa. Patriot
May 5, 2005, 02:35 PM
Good grief, people - It's a JOKE! (and pretty funny too) :)

psyopspec
May 5, 2005, 02:39 PM
I had kind of hoped this one would be gone for good, but patriot had to show up late in the game for a final bump. But while I'm at it, I do agree it's funny. It seems that not everyone has that light of a sense of humor, however.

Flashpoint
May 5, 2005, 03:48 PM
I still think it's funny.....

BUMP :neener:

Okiecruffler
May 5, 2005, 03:57 PM
But it is funny, and just goes to prove all you auto shuckers have your panties in a wad.

Wheelguns rule!!!!!!! :neener:

Pa. Patriot
May 5, 2005, 06:35 PM
but patriot had to show up late in the game for a final bump...

Hehe - darned search function ;) Never know what it will resurrect :cool:

akluvr
May 5, 2005, 06:46 PM
I for one got a big kick out the post WEPS. Let's all take a step back and laugh at ourselves for a second and appreciate that we all have one thing in common, the love of things that go boom. All of 'em that you mentioned have good and bad traits, some more than others, but if any of them were a good buy I'd own any on the list.

George Hill
May 5, 2005, 08:14 PM
Nothing better than trying to pigeon-hole people into stereotypes.
:rolleyes:

Seraph
May 5, 2005, 08:39 PM
WEPS's sense of humor doesn't bother me, really, but I find the title of the thread somewhat inaccurate and misleading. :rolleyes:

thereisnospoon
May 6, 2005, 02:32 AM
I would love to comment on this little beauty of a thread, but was recently chastised by a moderator on another thread for my innappropriate comments...so I guess I'll just laugh my way to the range.

In the immortal words of Rodney King, "Ccccan't we all just get along?"

faustulus
May 6, 2005, 02:56 AM
how about this small addition to your list.

Glock- Almost a cult like following. Can't understand why other shooter's don't want to bend their wrists 45 degrees when they are shooting. :)

cracked butt
May 6, 2005, 04:18 AM
Glock- Almost a cult like following. Usually they own more then one model. Almost always own more weapons then any of the other groups because they can afford it. Only goes to the smithy to have night sights installed.

Glock people are in denial and secretly wish they could hold a sexy nubile Beretta in their hands, but the pug faced matrons they keep are too jealous. :neener:

ziadel
May 6, 2005, 05:14 AM
:p

http://www.cycleforums.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=2398524

BluesBear
May 6, 2005, 07:11 AM
I still laugh over the "I had no idea that he is a thin-skinned, humorless Communist with a picture of Teddy Kennedy hanging over his bed." observation.

Reminds me of a place,

far away,

long ago...

Watch him folks 'cause he's a thoroughly dangerous man.
Now you may not know it but this man's a spy. He's an undercover agent for the FBI and he's be sent down here to infiltrate the Ku Klux Klan.
Would you believe this man has gone as far as tearing Wallace stickers off the bumpers of cars and he voted for George McGovern for president.
Well he's a friend of them long haired hippie type pinko fags. I betchya he's even got a commie flag tacked up on the wall inside of his garage.
He's a snake in the grass I tell ya guys. He may look dumb but that just a disguise. He's a mastermind in the ways of espionage.

:neener:

The Charlie Daniel's Band - Ballad of Uneasy Rider

If you enjoyed reading about "interesting" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!