Standard Arms pistols & history, please

PDA

BudS
December 31, 2002, 12:09 AM
I know these folks are out of business...did the Google search, with very little info. however, ever since I saw a .40 caliber that a guy had on display for his gun/metal coating business (wasn't for sale), I've been curious. I know the SA-9 was the 9mm version, but what was the .40?

I also know this was a Kel-Tec lookalike; what drove them out of business? Cheap product? Copyright infringement?

The one this fellow had looked great; his wife used it (a .40 caliber!) to shoot snakes!

Hope this was the right forum for this...thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Standard Arms pistols & history, please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Vic
February 23, 2006, 08:27 PM
I've read where the Standard Arms 9mm had the slide fracture in 2 or 3 places as well as the trigger spring break. Sounds like a real jewel to me. There are a couple of SA-9's listed at GunsAmerica.com If you check with the BBB where the factory WAS, you'll also find that they were pretty much against the wall as far as selling a product that would hurt the user more than the agressor. I'd feel safer with a sigma, intratec cat series, ruger P-series, taurus, and the list of JUNK goes on. And YES...I did include the Ruger P-series. The safest place to be around a Ruger P series is behind it or directly in front of it because there's no way you are going to hit what you're aiming at (personal experience).:rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "Standard Arms pistols & history, please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!