"Sister, do you know what kind of people go to those things?

PDA

Larry Ashcraft
March 7, 2003, 01:23 PM
Our Pueblo Friends of the NRA banquet is tonight, and I have a corporate table. All 10 of us at the table are family and friends.

One of the friends at the table is Sister Emily, an elderly nun who, with my wife, is also involved with Habitat for Humanity. We invited Emily this year so she could see how our banquet is run, since we are generally more successful than the Habitat banquet. She graciously accepted.

Emily called last night and said that she had mentioned going to the NRA banquet at the Habitat meeting Wed. night. The other board members were HORRIFIED. "Do you know what type of people go to those things", they said. Emily responded "Yes, the other 9 people at the table are friends of mine, gun owners, and fine people, so I guess I DO know what type of people go to those things. I'll give you a report at the next meeting". :neener:

I'm sure she'll have a good time, and I hope she wins a gun. :D

If you enjoyed reading about ""Sister, do you know what kind of people go to those things?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
COHIBA
March 7, 2003, 01:29 PM
for godsake, dont let her get drunk.

hksw
March 7, 2003, 01:34 PM
If she does get drunk, keep her away from the rulers.

coonan357
March 7, 2003, 02:50 PM
My man Larry !!!! buy the sister a nice glass of wine for me .

4v50 Gary
March 7, 2003, 05:27 PM
hksw - owwwwwww! :D

Standing Wolf
March 7, 2003, 08:59 PM
Is it just a coincidence that "nun" rhymes with "gun"?

DeltaElite
March 7, 2003, 09:17 PM
OHHHHHHH, the humanity.
Nuns did enough damage with rulers.
Now Nuns with guns hehhehehhheheh :D

TearsOfRage
March 7, 2003, 10:25 PM
hmmm, nuns with guns...

keyhole
March 7, 2003, 11:01 PM
Way to go Sister! Need a lot more like her!

Preacherman
March 7, 2003, 11:23 PM
I've taught a number of nuns to shoot - much to the dismay of their Mother Superior! :D

Pendragon
March 8, 2003, 02:17 AM
Sounds like her buddies are all for Nun-Control :rolleyes:

HABU
March 8, 2003, 05:34 PM
hmmm, nuns with guns...
Penguins with pistols.:D

4v50 Gary
March 8, 2003, 06:25 PM
Preacherman - is Mother Superior unhappy because her nuns can out shoot her?

12.7x99mm
March 9, 2003, 01:38 PM
Penguins with pistols.

Oh man....

:D :D :D

Larry Ashcraft
March 10, 2003, 12:09 PM
Sister Emily had a great time. I think she decided that the secret to success is to have a whole bunch of men, a cash bar, and 18 year old girls in split skirts to sell tickets. Oh, and guns for prizes. :D

I didn't win anything as usual, but I bought a nice Burris Fullfield II scope. My wife won a silver NRA buckle and a print of a wolf.

Quartus
March 10, 2003, 12:32 PM
What next? Pistol Packin' Priests? BMG Bishops? Concealed Carry Cardinals?

Not a bad idea!

:D

Pistol Packin' Pope?

bogie
March 10, 2003, 01:52 PM
Actually, in olden times (medieval, dark, whatever...) one would see a lot of religious items that were in fact weapons - Crucifixes that concealed blades, bibles that could sit on a podium, and conceal a flintlock pistol, etc... Really rather unremarkable, considering the strife that has sometimes surrounded the various Christian factions.

If you enjoyed reading about ""Sister, do you know what kind of people go to those things?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!