I shall miss it here for a bit..

PDA

P95Carry
March 7, 2003, 03:12 PM
I have to fly out today .... urgent trip cos have to go see my Mom who is very sick ... things don't look good. I am not sure if I'll get online anywhere ...... so maybe gone a while.

I shall miss my daily ''diet'' here ....but hope to resume soon.

If you enjoyed reading about "I shall miss it here for a bit.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jesse H
March 7, 2003, 03:13 PM
Hey forget about the Internet. Your mom is priority number 1. Hope she gets better. Take care.

Zander
March 7, 2003, 03:48 PM
You and your mom are in my prayers...

coonan357
March 7, 2003, 03:52 PM
we can wait , go take care of mom ,

10-Ring
March 7, 2003, 03:59 PM
We'll be here when you get back, the important thing is to be w/ your mom & the rest of your family. God Bless & safe trip :)

4v50 Gary
March 7, 2003, 04:20 PM
Best wishes to you and your mom.

cratz2
March 7, 2003, 05:40 PM
Yup, go take care of your mommy. Well keep the good threads going for you while you're away.

stellarpod
March 7, 2003, 07:52 PM
As one who has lost both of my parents, not a day goes by but what I regret that I didn't spend more time with both of them.

Family has to be first. Take care of the ones you love. Us folks will still be here when you get back.

stellarpod

44and45
March 7, 2003, 08:00 PM
Safe trip to you Chris, watch your six. And please give my best to your mom...tell her God bless.

44and45

Safety First
March 7, 2003, 08:41 PM
Hope your mom will be ok and that the two of you have a great time together...

Croyance
March 8, 2003, 01:35 AM
Best wishes from me also.

P95Carry
March 17, 2003, 04:36 PM
My warm thx to the posters on this thread .......... I flew back in last night, after 8 days away. My Mom died in fact whilst I was in the air in early hours of saturday morning, march 8.

A blessing in fact, as she was already struggling to keep her independance and the final spell in a nursing home made her reiterate what she had said many times. ''If I go in in one of them places, I'll shoot myself''!!!

The end was mercifully very quick and I comfort myself with that fact, and that she is no longer suffering. Funeral was Friday and I have dealt now with most of the first stage legal aspects etc ..... now just one or two trips back to go sort out effects etc, over coming 2 to three months..

As Stellapod remarked ..... make the best and most of your folks and time with them .... in fact in retrospect, the time will never seem enough but IMO, you have to make every occasion count - that matters a lot.. Contrary to popular belief, the ain't there for ever ..... tho it always seems like they should!! Remember tho however hard you try, there will always be things left unsaid, and the odd broken fence unmended ......... it is the way of things. However, there is much to remember with pleasure, and gratitude.

Thx again guys.

Jesse H
March 17, 2003, 04:39 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Sisco
March 17, 2003, 04:47 PM
So sorry for your loss.
I just found out today my Mother has terminal cancer, nothing they can do but ease the pain. Like your Mom she insists on staying at home as long as possible, I can only pray that when the time comes it does as it did for you.
Once agian, condolences.

cratz2
March 17, 2003, 05:14 PM
Man, I'm really sorry to hear that... But these things must happen. Hopefully, you believe she is in a better place, or at least in no pain.

Take care,

Christopher Ratz

Intune
March 17, 2003, 05:24 PM
I am at a loss for words to express my sympathy for you. Mom. Three letters that mean so much to us. She will always be in your heart.

Monkeyleg
March 17, 2003, 05:24 PM
I'm so sorry about your mother, but at the same time glad that she didn't have to suffer for a long time.

Let's hope that you can remember all the good times you had with her.

Ol' Badger
March 17, 2003, 06:25 PM
Sorry for your loss. I saw my Mother today and hugged her soo hard she asked me to let go. You showed me how lucky I realy am. Once again, sorry man. GOD Bless.

10-Ring
March 17, 2003, 07:13 PM
My condolences

cool45auto
March 17, 2003, 07:38 PM
My thoughts are with you.

Schuey2002
March 17, 2003, 08:26 PM
My condolences as well. :(

stellarpod
March 17, 2003, 08:38 PM
I am truly sorry for your loss brother. But, I am glad to know that it seems that both you and your mother found some peace amongst the pain.

My thoughts are with you.

stellarpod

44and45
March 17, 2003, 10:54 PM
Chris, I know what you are experiencing...I went through it with my mom in 1999, she was 91.

I had to fly back to see her, she was on life support breathing tube I barely got to see her in that state before she passed on.

I am going to pray for you and your mom, that your loss will heal and one day you will be reunited in spirit in a better place than this planet.

Keep the faith and please know that the love lives forever and ever.

Godbless.

Jim

P95Carry
March 17, 2003, 11:08 PM
Thx Jim .... yes indeed, and even tho I am not a religious man by many standards, I do enjoy a spirituality of my own. The love never dies and most surely we will in some way be reunited one day. I give thanks for all the memories I have.

I am quite humbled by all the kind thoughts I have received ... this is something we all have to face at some time .......... but it sure does help to not feel too alone.

Catch you soon Jim ......

Ala Dan
March 17, 2003, 11:34 PM
Sorry, P95 hope your mom will get sell soon my friend!

We will keep both of you in our thought's and prayer's.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Uncle Ethan
March 18, 2003, 12:03 AM
My condolences- very sorry for your loss.

coonan357
March 18, 2003, 12:25 PM
sorry to here about your loss, my heart goes out to you . I wouldn't know what to do If I lost my mom .

If you enjoyed reading about "I shall miss it here for a bit.." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!