Shot my first reloads today!

PDA

jamz
February 14, 2005, 12:20 PM
Right off my brandy-new press, I shot 3 cylinders worth of low powered .38 special loads. Everyone is right, it is a good feeling. :D

I still don't have any manuals, because the company I ordered them from had a shipping problem :cuss: so I had to go from pages copied out of a Hornady manual, along with "Basic Handloading" by Nonte.

Most of them were done in non-progressive style, in a progressive press, but doing one operation at a time. Now that I'm pretty sure the load is good, I can crank out a few hundred more. Plus, as a bonus, the bucket at the range that is usually empty, had a ton of .38 brass in it so I got a little prize there too! All in all, a good day. :)

-James

If you enjoyed reading about "Shot my first reloads today!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Delmar
February 14, 2005, 12:24 PM
Isn't this how Dr Frankenstein started out :neener:

Welcome to the wunnerful world of reloading!

Bandit01
February 14, 2005, 03:16 PM
Congrats!
Let the addiction begin.
Every powder manufacture makes manuals. You can go online can get recipes.

P95Carry
February 14, 2005, 03:35 PM
Good day indeed when you get to find a load of good brass!! :)

As far as reloading goes ... great! No lookin back!

Black Snowman
February 14, 2005, 04:03 PM
"My name is Burt and I'm a reloader."

Crowd responds "Hi, Burt."

The 1st step to recovery is admitting you have an addiction ;)

Dave R
February 14, 2005, 04:22 PM
No doubt about it, the best part of reloading is emptying the brass.

Black Snowman
February 14, 2005, 04:50 PM
I don't know Dave. My good reloading sessions give more satisfaction than my bad days at the range. . .

In fact, I've gone shooting simply because I was out of brass to reload for a new load I wanted to try. :uhoh:

See above post about addiction. ;)

The Bushmaster
February 14, 2005, 09:13 PM
Hey Jamz...Happy Valintines Day...

jamz
February 15, 2005, 07:40 AM
Well, I loaded up another 50 last night, showing my brother how it all worked. Had some problems, first the primer pickup tube wouldn't take more than 6 primers (some twisting of the empty tube solved this), twice the primer didn't seat fully in the case, so I had to dissassemble the shellplate holder to get the case out, some kind of grit got into the shellplate making it hard to turn, but it was all sorted eventually.

Of course, I woke up this morning paranoid that I had double charged a case with all the interruptions. I may not shoot this batch, and just do another one tonight.

-James

Drill Sgt.
February 15, 2005, 08:41 AM
As the room replies " hello Burt " I prepare to stand and announce my addiction as well, and my name is "Ron" . My addiction started about 10 years ago and I love it. Good luck and most of all just be safe and enjoy your new found hobby. If you find the need to admit your problem we will all be here for you. :)

armoredman
February 15, 2005, 09:52 AM
I jusat started my addiction a little while go, and I find myself needing to buy more bullets, primers, and a tumbler....payday!
It is a great hobby! And, bonus, since my wife is a shooter, too, I can spend money on reloading and NOT get yelled at! Whoohoo!! :p :D

SASS#23149
February 15, 2005, 10:16 AM
Good thing ya only loaded fifty if ya think they might be suspect.200 is no fun to pull bullets on..trust me. :banghead:
ALWAYS pull all the rounds out and start over whenever you interrupt the reloading cycle.Period.you're gun and your face will appreciate the extra safety precautions.

I just doubled the amount of 45colt brass in my 'stash'...now have 800 on hand!! whooeee,let the fun begin on the Dillon. :D

uh,uh.I do not have a problem.nope,not me.nossir.no way.:)

The Bushmaster
February 15, 2005, 08:46 PM
Hell of an addiction...There is no rehab centers for you to recover in and you will return to your Press again and again. As said before...We, who are addicted too, are here for you and understand your delema.

Happy shooting

MAUSER88
February 16, 2005, 04:00 PM
It sure is a fun way to kill time! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Shot my first reloads today!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!