Looking for info on safes needs lots of room for handguns

PDA

Ford
February 14, 2005, 10:24 PM
I am looking to buy a better safe. The one I have is not fireproof. I have more handguns than Shotguns and rifles so I want one that has plenty of storage for handguns. Would only need to hold around 20 longguns or so. I am most concerned with space for handguns storage.
Thanks

I can't get the search function to work for some reason

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for info on safes needs lots of room for handguns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Khornet
February 15, 2005, 07:54 AM
www.ftknox.com
They make some pretty big safes. Mine is the Yeager 7241, 6 ft tall by about 40" wide by 30" deep roughly. It will accomodate 20 long guns with pleny of remaining space for handguns, ammo, etc. Also has door holster capability, which I find quite handy and a real space-saver, though there are those here who dislike them. These are fire-resistant safes, quite well made.

I have a Cannon safe, bought new for $800 in '92. Not fire resistant, quite basic, and much smaller. But it held all my stuff until this December and thwarted an attempted break-in.

Look for a thread titled "Attack on my gun safe", where I discussed the attempt, which led to lots of informed discussion about safes in general.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for info on safes needs lots of room for handguns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!