Why don't they make a .22 magnum autopistol anymore?

PDA

WonderNine
March 8, 2003, 02:41 AM
That would be alot of fun and hold alot of rounds. I've heard of the AMT, but supposedly they were jamamatics and look kinda ugly. Does anyone know of a manufactorer who makes a .22 magnum automatic nowadays?

If you enjoyed reading about "Why don't they make a .22 magnum autopistol anymore?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dude
March 8, 2003, 04:28 AM
'cause none of them worked

WonderNine
March 8, 2003, 04:43 AM
There are alot of people who would pay good money for a decent one that DID work.

dude
March 8, 2003, 05:03 AM
I would!

over the years I tried an AMT and some other one (that had a 30 round flush mag!)............niether could get through 3 or 4 rounds without a jam.

A nice 6" barrel .22mag revolver is a blast though.

WonderNine
March 8, 2003, 06:25 AM
And for concealment...think about it you could have something holding 12 rounds that is the size of a P32 Kel-Tec.

cratz2
March 8, 2003, 07:38 AM
Discounting a small group of niche shooters, I doubt many would really buy a 12 round 22 Magnum of the P32. I would and you would and maybe another 1,000 people. After seting up the equipment, they'd have to charge about $900 a piece. I'm sure most folks would rather have a .32 caliber hole. Or a .35 caliber hole with the upcoming 380.

EJ
March 8, 2003, 07:48 AM
I had an AMT II that worked--
I sold it--:banghead:

Crimper-D
March 8, 2003, 06:14 PM
The Grendel = a TOTAL POS! = Plastric n' potmetal and have pieces fall off during fireing. It DID have a 30 Round doublestack mag to attract the gullable, and a few were sold on that point alone, but it simply didn't WORK:fire:

The AMT??? Functional (sometimes) but not accurate and the Blast was a sure way to clear a fireing line and the Balloffire muzzleflash was about the size of a VW Bug!:what:

Recommendation: If you _must_ be disagreeable on a fireing line, use something REALLY obnoxious like a .44Automag or one ofthose 50cal Desert Eagle thingys.:neener:

firestar
March 8, 2003, 06:19 PM
Have you seen the price of .22 mag ammo? I can't buy 9mm for less than .22mag. Someone is screwing us.:scrutiny:

EJ
March 9, 2003, 07:44 PM
True -- My AMT automag II did have an UNBELIEVABLE muzzle flash--

Blackhawk
March 9, 2003, 11:09 PM
Funny you should ask that, WonderNine. I was wondering the same thing last week. :D

Stevie-Ray
March 10, 2003, 09:35 PM
Recommendation: If you _must_ be disagreeable on a fireing line, use something REALLY obnoxious like a .44Automag or one ofthose 50cal Desert Eagle thingys. :D I tried a .45-70 Contender in my favorite range during the winter one year. Every shot blew out all 4 wall furnaces behind us. Naturally everybody was getting rather PO'd. :cuss: at that and, of course, the ungodly noise. Well, hell, I had to try it out.:o Lucky for everybody at the range, it turned out to be the most unpleasant experience with firearms in my entire life. It now is an expensive paperweight.:rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "Why don't they make a .22 magnum autopistol anymore?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!