Single stack to double stack conversion (Misr-10)

PDA

MaterDei
February 15, 2005, 05:24 PM
I've got a single stack Egyptian Maadi and was thinking about converting it to a double stack.

1. Is this possible?
2. Is it feasible (i.e. affordable)?
3. Is it a good idea?

Thanks in advance

If you enjoyed reading about "Single stack to double stack conversion (Misr-10)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dionysusigma
February 16, 2005, 09:47 PM
Short answers:
1) Yes
2) Somewhat
3) Depends.

1) As far as I can recall, Maadis are just like WASR-10 singlestacks. Every day, WASR-10s are converted into double-stack config.

2) However, you need the compliance parts. You can spend anywhere from $150.00 to $500.00 purchasing these, doubling the amount of money you spent on the initial rifle.

3) If you really really want an Egyptian-made doublestack AK, this is the definate way to go--no other ways around it. But if all you really want is a full-capacity-capable AK, there are cheaper and easier ways. Maadis are on the low end of the AK spectrum, but they're the only ones made in Egypt. :)

MaterDei
February 22, 2005, 01:32 PM
Thanks for the advice. Single stack is going to have to suffice for this rifle.

MaterDei
September 4, 2007, 09:56 AM
I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm reconsidering doing this. Does anybody know who can do this for me or what I need to buy to do it myself?

Thanks.

nalioth
September 4, 2007, 11:48 AM
I'm resurrecting this thread because I'm reconsidering doing this. Does anybody know who can do this for me or what I need to buy to do it myself? Depending on which end of the piney woods you live in, you can find a build party in DFW or Houston and do it yourself with the assistance of the other partydogs.

I think you can get compliance parts starting at around $50 (and going up to $500) though.

MaterDei
September 4, 2007, 11:18 PM
A build party? How would I find one? I'm in the Conroe area.

MD_Willington
September 5, 2007, 01:25 AM
+1 to nalioth's suggestion

Check the AK forums, gunco.net, ak files etcetera, there are quite a few builders in TX

Onmilo
September 5, 2007, 09:04 AM
Try here:
http://www.k-var.com
If nothing else, these guys make all AK fans warm and fuzzy.

MisterPX
September 6, 2007, 03:38 AM
All you need to do it yourself is a cut off wheel, a double stack mag, and a little grinding stone.

Mark the double stack on your rec., open the rec. up to those specs. Go slowly, and test fit the mag when you get close to full size. Did my Wasr cutting in about 5 minutes, took another 10 for fitting.

MaterDei
September 7, 2007, 05:43 PM
OK, now I'm confused.

MD_Willington
September 7, 2007, 06:06 PM
Similar to this:
http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/wasrwell.htm

Otherwise get a new double stack receiver and attach your existing parts to the new receiver.

nalioth
September 7, 2007, 07:08 PM
Similar to this:
http://www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/wasrwell.htm

Otherwise get a new double stack receiver and attach your existing parts to the new receiver. MaterDei, please note the pix in this URL show an already opened up mag well, and the content is concerned with 'cleaning it up after the drunk Century monkeys had their way with it'.

If you enjoyed reading about "Single stack to double stack conversion (Misr-10)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!