Business in Indy_ccw questions

PDA

The Mayor
February 15, 2005, 10:04 PM
In two weeks I'm going to a work truck show in Indianapolis at the convention center, I can't find any details on Packing.org other than recpiprocity as to details where you can legally carry.

In Mich I can't carry in any venue with over 2500 people, anything like this in Indiana?

BTW I will drive Mich to Indiana, not Mich-Ohio-Indiana.

Your insight is appreciated.

Steve

If you enjoyed reading about "Business in Indy_ccw questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
garrettwc
February 15, 2005, 10:50 PM
Mayor, to my knowledge there is not a "large event" clause in the state law. There may be a city ordinance in Indy, perhaps our Indy members can help on that.

FWIW, I have attended meetings at the convention center and I have never seen any "no guns" signs.

Mr. Mysterious
February 15, 2005, 11:33 PM
I live in Indy, never seen anything abut a large event clause. Personally I would check the convention centers webpage to see if they restrict concealed weapons. I know that if you go into the RCA Dome (I think ran by the same security people) they make you lift your coat, take off your hat, etc. Same at Conseco fieldhouse. There is no specific law, but my guess is that there is a no-weapons policy for the venue.

txgho1911
February 16, 2005, 12:28 AM
Indiana recognizes all other states carry liscence or permit under the terms of said liscence or permit. If your permit says concealed then conceal.
Check out the state code for specifics. Schools and Court houses. This includes the Indpls City County Building. The Hyatt accross the street has no policy against leagal ccw. The only major event in Indpls that is restricted is the State Fair and that is included in the Indiana State code.
El Tejon May chime in as he works accross from DAs.

Henry Bowman
February 16, 2005, 09:47 AM
they make you lift your coat, take off your hate, etc. Part of the "hate crimes" law? :uhoh: :neener:

The Mayor
February 17, 2005, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the replies, unless I find diferent in the next week, I am going the "concealed means concealed" route.

Probably a J frame in a belly band.

If you enjoyed reading about "Business in Indy_ccw questions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!