Another "fun gun" question

PDA

Hawkmoon
February 17, 2005, 01:03 PM
Anybody remember the old Winchester Model 1903/1963 .22 automatic carbines?

Taurus has now bought the rights to manufacture the same rifle, and is offering it in .22LR and .22WMR. I'm thinking of buying one for sentimental reasons, mostly because I learned to shoot on my grandfather's Model '03, and it has passed out of my hands. And that one had ceased to function. This would be a way to relive the past with a gun that's almost the same as my grandfather's.

Has anyone seen or fired on of the new Taurus offerings? Any good?

If you were to buy one today, would you buy it in .22LR or would you go for the magnum version?

If you enjoyed reading about "Another "fun gun" question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hawkmoon
February 19, 2005, 12:19 AM
Is there NOBODY on here who has seen or shot or knows anything about this gun?

Please?

P95Carry
February 19, 2005, 12:38 AM
Not remembered Hawk - just ''heard of''! Any source to pics, tech data etc. Sounds well interesting.

If I had (as I have) a .22lr plinker - I'd be interested in a .22 WMR version.

Mossyrock
February 19, 2005, 01:36 PM
Seems to me that I saw one of these when they first came out, then nothing since. As I recall, the one I saw was well put together, but it sure isn't an original Winchester! While I haven't shot it, I HAVE shot the snot out of my Dad's original and it MAY be my favorite semi-auto .22 (the Browning being a close tie/second). It may not have a removable magazine but that's OK. If you get this rifle, PLEASE don't hang a scope on it.. :barf: ..some things are better enjoyed in their natural state! :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Another "fun gun" question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!