Video: Mall Security, Infinite Tacticality!

PDA

Skunkabilly
March 8, 2003, 09:25 PM
New and improved video, new footage from the steel match I posted a video of a month ago.

http://www.skunkabilly.com/media/goin_tactical.wmv

Hopefully this will work for more folks, tweaked it a little.

If you enjoyed reading about "Video: Mall Security, Infinite Tacticality!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
El Tejon
March 8, 2003, 09:38 PM
Obviously my malls are not THAT safe!:D

Only a mere pistol, nothing belt fed? Where was your mobile response unit? One would anticipate a mechanized attack instead of just your LPCs (or wall-climbing boots).

Tactilicous, Skunk!

Dave R
March 8, 2003, 09:42 PM
Cool! That looks like a lotta fun. How many mags was that? I need to watch again...

jmbg29
March 8, 2003, 09:56 PM
REEHAAAAAA! :D :D :cool:

Archie
March 8, 2003, 10:32 PM
I hate to break it to you, but shooting at 20 some targets while standing out in the open in front of God and everybody is just not that tactical!

Rahagues. Home of the thirty round burst!!!

Good sight alignment and trigger control, at any rate.

CAP
March 8, 2003, 10:36 PM
Nice shooting Skunk.
Looks way fun.

Schuey2002
March 8, 2003, 10:41 PM
I still can't get it to work on my antique (needs to be riddled with lead) beast.:cuss:

blades67
March 8, 2003, 10:56 PM
I could hear it, but I couldn't see it.:(

Yohan
March 8, 2003, 11:13 PM
Woah! THat looks like fun!

makdaddy03
March 9, 2003, 12:48 AM
Cool Video!:)

Skunkabilly
March 9, 2003, 01:44 AM
Edited the video to sync up with the music more.

You guys who can't run it, what operating system (Windows 98? 2000?) are you running?

Make sure it's opening under Media Player and you download the codec if prompted.

http://www.skunkabilly.com/media/goin_tactical.wmv

Braz
March 9, 2003, 02:45 AM
:D

I like it! Nice shooting Skunkster. Looked tactical to me, ya gotta stay in the box, right? Steven Segal -is- Skunkabilly in the new action thriller from 21st Century Fox... Infinate Tacticality! Terrorists take over a shopping center, but don't count on mall security with an attitude. ;)

The music was great too.

Powderman
March 9, 2003, 03:08 AM
With Blazing SPEED........and cat-like Ninja reflexes!!!

{good shooting, Skunk!}

coonan357
March 9, 2003, 03:27 AM
AND this years THR academy awards winner nominees are ....for best mall ninja video .. :neener: Excellent. I wish I could have shot like that today but the snow (snowing and thunder ) and the mud made it awfully hard to walk yet run around ... It was so bad out here that I had to leave my truck at the gate and ride shotgun in my friends 4 by and we got it stuck in the mud .

buford1
March 9, 2003, 05:08 AM
How does one get to try that,looks like a great time

Gunhead
March 9, 2003, 07:29 AM
Nice music, but where is da movie? :D

Peetmoss
March 9, 2003, 09:40 AM
Nice Shootin Skunk. The banjo kinda reminded me of Deliverance:uhoh:

Skunkabilly
March 9, 2003, 12:33 PM
OK for you guys that are having problems.
Make sure you are opening the program under Windows Media Player.
If it asks if you want to download the codec, click yes.
Then try downloading it again (don't worry, it'll already be in your cache so will be instant when opening) unless you saved it somewhere, then close Media Player then run it again.

Should cure the sound but no video problem?

http://www.skunkabilly.com/images/arctic_banjo.jpg

Coronach
March 9, 2003, 12:45 PM
Skunk, that is awesome. Nice shooting, nice reloads.

Mike

12.7x99mm
March 9, 2003, 01:12 PM
Im diggen the music. I asume thats you playing right?

Nice

:D

twoblink
March 9, 2003, 01:14 PM
I hate to break up the pat on the back comments here... but I don't see a trama plate on your back.. What if the crazy sniper with the 308 was around? I also didn't notice "Ninja" shoes, how were you going to scale the walls without the spikey shoes.??:p

Kamicosmos
March 9, 2003, 01:14 PM
Very good shooting and video production skills!

Sven
March 9, 2003, 01:23 PM
What software did you use for editing?

Just got FinalCut Pro 3 here, haven't even scratched the surface.

SCarruth
March 9, 2003, 01:27 PM
Hey Skunk,

what kind of match was that? That was a whole bunch of steel. The steel matches I'm used to shooting are 5 targets like Roundabout, Flying M, etc. Good shooting. I think I noticed you dropped your gun on a few target transitions. Thats a no no in tactical land.:D

firestar
March 9, 2003, 02:15 PM
Asian, banjo playing, gun nut? Skunk, you are a strange guy.:D

That type of shooting looks like fun, I need to get into that. Were you useing your Beretta?

OF
March 9, 2003, 02:38 PM
LOL!

Reeeehaw indeed!

:)

- Gabe

another48hrs
March 9, 2003, 02:40 PM
Haha. Skunk is the next Benny Hill. :D

Skunkabilly
March 9, 2003, 06:24 PM
Coronach >> Skunk, that is awesome. Nice shooting, nice reloads. <<

Thanks Coronach, us Californians get lots of practice :D Stupid 10-round magazines! But I compete with them to stay in Production division and be IDPA legal.

12.7x99mm >> Im diggen the music. I asume thats you playing right?<<

Yeup...that's me :D

twoblink >> I also didn't notice "Ninja" shoes, how were you going to scale the walls without the spikey shoes.?? <<

Walls? In the desert? I have those for urban operations my friend, but for desert ops I stick with my Danners.

Sven >> What software did you use for editing? Just got FinalCut Pro 3 here, haven't even scratched the surface. <<

The program that came with Windows XP :o Forget what it's called, Movie Maker? Pretty simple, but I like keeping it that way.

Didn't know I had it until this week!

SCarruth >> what kind of match was that? That was a whole bunch of steel. <<

It's an all steel IPSC-style match.

firestar >> Asian, banjo playing, gun nut? Skunk, you are a strange guy. That type of shooting looks like fun, I need to get into that. Were you useing your Beretta? <<

Yeah, that's my Beretta! She treat me good.

OK I edited it again.... :o Put credits there and some other small cosmetic changes.

Schuey2002
March 9, 2003, 06:31 PM
I've given up.:banghead:

I'm going over to my sister's place and download it on her new Dell.:o

Gunhead
March 9, 2003, 07:23 PM
Hmm, I fixed the problem by installing the stupid new wmplayer9... Funny, 'cos I was able to play any other .wmv content.

Good shooting, but speed up on those close plates! :D

Coronach
March 9, 2003, 11:11 PM
Skunk, I have a friend who is not really into firearms, but is very much into FPS games. He hears me constantly griping about magazine changes in these games, and has always asked me just how fast it should be. I forwarded this link to him with the message: "THIS GUY IS A SELF-PROCLAIMED TACTICAL POSER. NOW IMAGINE HOW MUCH FASTER A SEAL WOULD BE." ;)

He kinda got the picture. ;)

Mike

Schuey2002
March 11, 2003, 12:44 AM
Nice shootin', Tactibilly. Way to kill that steel!!:D

I kinda' liked the banjo playing as well. Nice touch.;)

Skunkabilly
March 11, 2003, 01:18 AM
He hears me constantly griping about magazine changes in these games, and has always asked me just how fast it should be. I

Are you talking about the Counter-Strike speed/tactical reload?

With round in the chamber, drop the magazine (but still keep the rounds in that mag, magically pick up and top it off so it's not half-empty), reinsert it, and rack the slide? Oh yeah it's a Beretta Elite so I have to spin it around, right? :D

Coronach
March 11, 2003, 08:49 AM
Exactly. The mag chanes on the M4 are even funnier. You, inexplicably, pull back on the forward assist each time. :rolleyes:

I guess you explained it, though...all of the time spent lollygagging in the mag change is due to you magically redistributng the rounds to your other 'clips.' ;)

Mike

QKRTHNU
March 11, 2003, 10:38 AM
Skunk,

What Codec did you use? I get no video and I'm not promted to download a codec.

Skunkabilly
March 11, 2003, 02:56 PM
Man, not having a mouse sucks. I hate cruising THR with a keyboard.

Coronach, maybe the 'operator' is picking up the spent mag and doing it with his feet, because his hands are in plain view when he reloads the clip on his Deagle!

And what's with all the left-handed guns anyway, Twoblink will want a few, if I can get HK to import them. And why is that Benelli M3 in pump only mode? :D

QKRTHNU, do you have the newest version of media player? It should axe automatiqueally.

Freedom in theSkies
March 11, 2003, 10:52 PM
Hey Skunk, Nice video, great shooting!
I just showed my wife the video and now she wants to do this.
AARRRRGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! I'll never get away from the reloading bench...

Phyphor
March 11, 2003, 11:51 PM
For those that don't know: Please be sure to use a search engine and look for 'Video codecs'..

http://www.divx.com handles most MPEG videos,
but there are other codecs out there.

If anyone can't quite figure out what to do, then please feel free to PM me, but please include your operating system (Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, etc.... ) with the message.

Covey Rise
March 12, 2003, 01:09 AM
I can't download because your server is too busy, post the file on another server to avoid the bandwidth limits.

El Rojo
March 12, 2003, 01:20 AM
Good one Skunk. Good reloads. I need to get out and shoot more. I am losing my edge. I will get out and shoot my handguns this month because it is 9mm vs. .45 ACP for the March Postal Match.

waterdog
March 12, 2003, 01:51 PM
Good shooting! Skunk

waterdog

Skunkabilly
March 12, 2003, 04:32 PM
Looks like I'm exceeding the bandwidth on my site. I can e-mail directly, it's 3.8 megs.

Unless I can find another host. I still need to make some minor changes with the credits.

cool45auto
March 12, 2003, 07:21 PM
Good shootin' Skunk! I am way impressed! What has LTT done to your Beretta? I'm thinking about sending mine in for a trigger job.

QKRTHNU
March 13, 2003, 10:58 AM
I looked at the file properties and noticed it was done in WMP9.
I only had ver 8. Upgraded and it plays fine now.

Great shooting!

Skunkabilly
March 13, 2003, 12:55 PM
>> Good shootin' Skunk! I am way impressed! What has LTT done to your Beretta? I'm thinking about sending mine in for a trigger job. <<

I have a prototype Elite II so needed a new hammer and mag release.

He put on a Trijicon front, and a different Novak rear for my preferred sight picture, a stainless guiderod and a 'level two' competition trigger job.

Schuey2002
July 18, 2003, 02:15 PM
When are we going to see another Mall Security,Infinite Tacticality video clip?

;)

Skunkabilly
July 18, 2003, 02:47 PM
Schuey, that's in the works. Seriously.

Schuey2002
July 18, 2003, 02:48 PM
That's all I wanted to hear.

If you enjoyed reading about "Video: Mall Security, Infinite Tacticality!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!