Surefire

PDA

Pheonix
March 8, 2003, 11:05 PM
I am looking at this impressive catalog Surefire has sent me and I am curious.:D I have an e2e-HA and like it!! So what next. The e1e is cute:rolleyes: , but is it useful? What would be good for camping/outdoors/hunting/GP without breaking the bank..... I think the C3 would work. The question is does anybody own one? What are your thought on its size, fit and such? Whatever Surefire I get next I plan on getting everything! red/blue filter, optional lamp, beam shaper, spares carrier and holster. So obviously I want to get the right multi purpose light.

If you enjoyed reading about "Surefire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Skunkabilly
March 8, 2003, 11:23 PM
Break the bank? Not since they brought down their batteries to 15 for 12! Check out the LED heads and new LED lights, too.

CAP
March 8, 2003, 11:52 PM
I own E1 and 1 E1e. The E1e is always in my pocket, even if I have the Streamlight Scorpion with me. I use it ALL the time in close quarters for all sorts of things. I wouldn't be without one.

That said, I want an E2e but really like the long belt clip on the new Outdoorsman. I'll have an E2e before too long. :D

My E1e is VERY useful and very much worth it.

mec
March 9, 2003, 12:22 AM
you can get the outdoorsman, a spare 60 lumen lamp, spares carrier for the 25L lamp and six batteries.

Serpico
March 9, 2003, 01:08 AM
If you are thinking of an E2E check out the A2....if money isn't an option.....it has 3 LEDS surrounding a HA lamp....you can switch from a tactical light to an every day one with a flip of the tail switch...very cool light.....

VaughnT
March 9, 2003, 10:02 AM
Isn't that a great catalog/magazine?!?! I'm definitely buying an SF just as soon as I figure out which one.

Any ideas what that rifle is on page ten? Doesn't look like a modified M16. Does look cool, though.

Double Naught Spy
March 9, 2003, 10:14 AM
Surefire's price reduction on batteries is nice, but both their lights and CR123 batteries have always been cheaper in retail price through other dealers. Now, the batteries are simply comparable in price to what you might pay elsewhere.

Serpico
March 9, 2003, 06:07 PM
That depends on where your elsewhere is...I see them in drug stores for 8 bucks a piece (two for 15.0)0......the surefire price is now in line with the most discounted battery outlets like cheapbatteries or sunbattery...and still edges them out at 1.25 a piece compared to most at 1.69 a piece...and the majority or electronic places on the web still sell them for around 3.50 a piece....I've never seen retailers selling them at 1.25 a piece except for botach which was too unreliable to trust they would have them when you order....

mec
March 9, 2003, 06:41 PM
today on e-bay, people are trying to unload 12 packs for $20. Apparently, Surefire caught them holding the bag when they cut the price to fifteen.

COHIBA
March 10, 2003, 11:05 PM
mec, you hit the nail on the head. as good a flashlight as surefire is, they completly F'ed us dealer/distributors. they had a 20% reduction on G2's and a 15% increase on all the others. i'm sure that most of you guys could care less about that but in the end it shows poor buisness pract. to screw your partners/ dealers. we are the ones putting the time and effort on the floor to explain the lights and sell them. time will tell what the true motivation is. my guess is they will do away w/ prefered dealers altogether and just sell internet.

Pheonix
March 11, 2003, 07:23 PM
This hasn't helped I know want the E1e-HA (MSRP $78), a KL1 with a second E2e-HA (56+105) or the A2 (175) and uped the C3 to an M3 (252) add in the filters lamps carriers holsters and I will be divorced!!:what:

Man.....I wish I were rich.:mad:

If you enjoyed reading about "Surefire" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!