Gander Mountain raising prices?

PDA

Nazirite
February 22, 2005, 08:59 AM
This past weekend I was browsing the handguns in Gander Mountain and I noticed some of the prices were much higher than a few weeks ago. The Desert Eagles for example were up almost $200.00. Most of the new sig’s are all priced $750.00 and up, with many around the 850.00 range. This might be normal for a sig but I could have sworn they were around $650.00 last year. Just wondering if any of you have noticed the prices creeping up at your local Gander Mountain?

If you enjoyed reading about "Gander Mountain raising prices?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Wedge
February 22, 2005, 09:03 AM
As soon as Galyan's across the street turned to Dick's the prices on Glock's jumped about $75. They don't have another big box store that sells handguns to compete with...I think the local guys can sell you a gun cheaper now.

iamkris
February 22, 2005, 09:38 AM
In addition to what Wedge noted, first of the year is the traditional time of year that vendors raise their prices for the year. They may be passing on increases that they have also.

Mr. Mysterious
February 22, 2005, 09:42 AM
Gander Mountain has been expenisive for guns since they opened up last spring. They are downright silly now in their pricing. Their used prices are more expensive than a good shops new. Thats just crazy!

Wedge, you talking about the one on 86th St, Indy?

Wedge
February 22, 2005, 09:59 AM
Nope, it (Gander Mountain) is on Jay Scutti Blvd. in Rochester, NY.

I wish I had the money back when Galyan's was open because they had a nice little pricing war going on. Glocks were routinely around $475 - $500. The boom, Glocks are $575 with occasional $75 off sales on Glocks. BS. All the other prices went up too.

ReadyontheRight
February 22, 2005, 10:06 AM
I always thought Gander Mountain was high priced, but I agree they are now crazy prices after Galyan's has turned into Dick's.

No handguns or used guns at Dick's. And not a heck of a lot of rifles. I'm sure they carry a nice selection of golf equipment though. :rolleyes:

Wedge
February 22, 2005, 10:10 AM
Dick's golf section makes me want to cry. Go to a real pro shop and get something nice.

sturmruger
February 22, 2005, 10:15 AM
That is why anyone that can should shop at Sportsmens Warehouse. They have great prices on guns and great customer service.

Here is a recent thread concerning how one of our members was treated.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=1543989#post1543989

If you enjoyed reading about "Gander Mountain raising prices?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!